Sub randomly blast low tone and won't stop

wabarnwell

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all. I'm new here. Just had my local shop install a skar audio 1200D monoblock and a stereo integrity SQL15 In my 2022 Jeep Wrangler. My issue is when I'm listen to hard bass music like tech master, every now and then the sun locks into this low tone and just blasts it. Disconnected the Pandora phone, turn down the volume even pushed power off on the factor head unity and it still blasts. Only when I put it in park and turn off the engine does it stop. AND I have to stay parked with the engine off for about a min before I can start the Jeep again and it not be blasting and plays normally. It was installed using a high pass connection due to no RCA jack. Any help?

Take it back to the shop. It sounds like what is known as a ‘ground loop’. Either the high level converter is not connected correctly or the amplifier ground is not good.

It was installed using a high pass connection due to no RCA jack. Any help?
I agree that it probably has something to do with the LOC. I assume the remote is activated using signal sense. For testing, try disconnecting the remote wire, then jump a piece of wire from the amp's positive to the remote screw. Play it as usual and see what happens.

But wouldn't that make it happen all the time and not just when the gain is around 75,%? It ONLY happens when I have the gain up AND playing heavy bass like tech master PEB. Doesn't do it any other time.

But wouldn't that make it happen all the time and not just when the gain is around 75,%? It ONLY happens when I have the gain up AND playing heavy bass like tech master PEB. Doesn't do it any other time.
Thing is that it is a random issue, no known cause. Many moons ago I had a similar issue. Truck completely off, if I closed the driver"s door a bit too hard, the amp would come on and play a tone of about 60hz. Ended up trading that combo for an Ipod; guy never had an issue with them. This was with a Pioneer radio.

It’s either bad RCA’s, bad connections on the tapped or whatever converter wires, or it’s some electrical problem within the converter device. Your sub bumping at a certain volume level probably triggers the problem past a certain threshold. Takes a certain amount of energy to start the process.

It’s either bad RCA’s, bad connections on the tapped or whatever converter wires, or it’s some electrical problem within the converter device. Your sub bumping at a certain volume level probably triggers the problem past a certain threshold. Takes a certain amount of energy to start the process.

So admit turned out, it was the LOC causing an unidentifiable issue. We replaced it with a wavtech Bassrestore and it works perfectly. No issues at all and the single 15 hits hard enough to flex the front windshield!

Thanks for the advice everyone

So admit turned out, it was the LOC causing an unidentifiable issue. We replaced it with a wavtech Bassrestore and it works perfectly. No issues at all and the single 15 hits hard enough to flex the front windshield!

Thanks for the advice everyone
Thats Great man. Its always nice to hear what the actual culprit was in these threads. It deff helps the next individual (y)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...