sub/port aiming and cancellation

Participant count
  • Participant list

Beatin'
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MI
i have a plan to build 2 4th order boxes for my 15's.

There are 3 ways I can set them in the trunk.

1. Both ports aiming to one particular side.

2. One aiming left, other aiming right.

3. One aiming towards the cabin, other aiming away.

I want to go with option 3 personally, but which setup has the least undesirable effect? I would like both ports to aim towards the trunk wall like my current sealed setup but it's not an option due to trunk lid size issues with the expected size of the 4th orders.

i have a plan to build 2 4th order boxes for my 15's. 

There are 3 ways I can set them in the trunk.

1. Both ports aiming to one particular side.

2. One aiming left' date=' other aiming right.

3. One aiming towards the cabin, other aiming away.

I want to go with option 3 personally, but which setup has the least undesirable effect? I would like both ports to aim towards the trunk wall like my current sealed setup but it's not an option due to trunk lid size issues with the expected size of the 4th orders.[/quote']

the hell are you driving that has a trunk big enough for 2 15's in a 4th order? haha seriously

why cant you aim both ports in the cabin?

the hell are you driving that has a trunk big enough for 2 15's in a 4th order? haha seriously
why cant you aim both ports in the cabin?
the same reason i can't aim them away from the cabin. The trunk trunk lid is too small to position them that way while putting them in the trunk. I can't put one in and rotate it to make room for the other one either. So they both will drop in the trunk sideways in order to fit.

So which of the stated methods will have the least or no cancellation?

the same reason i can't aim them away from the cabin. The trunk trunk lid is too small to position them that way while putting them in the trunk. I can't put one in and rotate it to make room for the other one either. So they both will drop in the trunk sideways in order to fit.
So which of the stated methods will have the least or no cancellation?
what kind of car? but honestly if i couldnt fire them into the cabin then do one each way so 2. One aiming left, other aiming right.

what kind of car? but honestly if i couldnt fire them into the cabin then do one each way so 2. One aiming left, other aiming right.
1st gen dodge intrepid.

I'm mostly interested in the 1 away, 1 towards cabin setup, but don't understand if there will be noticeable cancellation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.