sub mounting hardware

Participant count
  • Participant list
Curious as well since I'll be putting a heavy 12" into my off road Bronco. Don't need the speaker pulling out the MDF as it looses its last bit of bite.

I've considered using metal strips with nuts welded on instead of t-nuts. The strips could be held on from the inside with light screws since it is only needed until the sub is bolted down. Think a t-nut on steroids. LOL

screws i have never had any problem of my subs pulling out
Wood strips over time so you really have a limited number of installation/removal of those screws. If you thread in one of the inserts I posted you now have metal machine threads...which should last quite a bit longer

have taken my subs in and out 10 + times and they still get tight when you screw them in i dont have any holes that are stripped out. But i know what you are saying

So you have to drill holes them thread those in because that seems way better then just screws
Yes, you drill a larger hole and thread in those inserts. You then never have to remove those inserts and you now have metal threads and you can just use regular bolts. I will say it may not be a bad idea to put a dab of glue on the outside of the inserts because if you tighten the bolt too tight, you'll end up backing the insert out when you go to take the bolt out, then that is a PITA. It's happened to me once or twice and I just cut the insert off the bolt with an angle grinder...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.