Sub Install Questions

Participant count
  • Participants list

Harambe

So I recently bought a 2007 Accord LX, I got the factory stereo in it, I put a aux cord in and replaced the back 6x9's which where totally blown. I want to put a sub in and can I put a sub in and keep both back 6x9's working? Like can I just use a line converter or whatever those things are called that like split the High and low frequency signals?

So I recently bought a 2007 Accord LX, I got the factory stereo in it, I put a aux cord in and replaced the back 6x9's which where totally blown. I want to put a sub in and can I put a sub in and keep both back 6x9's working? Like can I just use a line converter or whatever those things are called that like split the High and low frequency signals?
XOVERS SPLIT or block either high or low freqs (they are on amps) not loc.. yeah u need an amp to power the sub the 6x9's would just stay on factory radio unless u get 4 or 5 channel amp to power everything.. it's called a loc taps into speaker wires gives u a place to plug in rcas for an amp.. if u have a bose or any other type upgraded factory stereo it maybe more work than that., if not u just need amp/wires/rca/ sub/ box/ loc.. bad news is there's 100,000 different ways to go #1 most here will tell u not to do is pay tons of $ at local shop when u can get better stuff online,, we will tell u what is good, or at least ok...however sounds like u will need a shop to wire it so figure $100 labor at least, crap u in ny so maybe $5000 lol.. so tell us what do u have nothing or a amp or what were u thinking to use for sub? also how much $ do u have to spend and what car do u have..

Would be better to replace the stock radio with an aftermarket one. Between 100-200 should get ya a nice one with many features.

I know you need to power the amp from th battery, that's not the issue. my question was where to take the Audio signal from. The factory radio is a Alpine. The car obviously has the wires going back to the 6x9's, my question was can I take that audio signal and use it for the sub? And if so can I do it ina way that will keep the 6x9's working.

I know you need to power the amp from th battery, that's not the issue. my question was where to take the Audio signal from. The factory radio is a Alpine. The car obviously has the wires going back to the 6x9's, my question was can I take that audio signal and use it for the sub? And if so can I do it ina way that will keep the 6x9's working.
Does it have a factory installed sub? If so, that would be a good place to consider.

yeah unless your car has something different than mine like if factory speakers have amps built onto them like bose used to., then yes u can tap into rear speaker wires to get signal that's how mine is ran I have factory hu too., not as good less voltage to amp and less control over speakers/sub (cause some aftermarkets have xovers on radio) but u can use reallyshort rcas and not have to run them down side of car., again just depends on if the power is coming from hu and if it's a normal 4-8hom..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.