Sub I built

Audiohazzard
10+ year member

Audiohazzard
Hey guys (and gals), just wanted to share some pics of the sub I built. I used a 07 model Re audio XXX motor I had to take the bottom plate and drill it out to 4.5" hole in the center which took 3 hours because the aluminum was so freaking thick lol. I then I chose to used a 12 spoked basket from robot

underground, I then chose Fi's soft parts with a 3" dual 1ohm coil, four spiders, 16 tinsles.

Now for how it sounds, I'm running an Us Amps AX-3200DE at 2 ohms on it, the enclosure I'm using is 2.75 cubes tuned to 32hz, I know I'm just using it till I get the parts in for the other sub before I build the right enclosure. I played a few songs playing around and all I have to say is WOW!!!!! Compared to the Re XXX this sub completely out preforms it, on rock the bass it tight and fast like it is suppose to be and clean. The XXX was running at 1 ohm on the same amp (with the gains down) and yea it was loud and clean but it the sub I put together just plays the double kick drum very precise. On rap I played gorilla in the trunk and the bass was gut wrenching on the lows and didn't skip a beat, on the XXX it would be gut wrenching on the lows but if played on a song where the tone differs from low to high just didn't seem to be able to keep up. Now on jazz I have to say the bass is smooth and sweet with one of my favorites Keb Mo' House in California and I have to say it was very precise. Will have pics up by the end of the day.

lol......... yeah sounds great....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

wow........ that is a monster sub!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/applause.gif.bb805d8088f72dbc2fe808c29e85fb4c.gif, fking motor is huge.

kudos to you sir.........

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.