Sub enclosure vibration

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kohen36

CarAudio.com Regular
Alabama
My sub box is vibrating very bad to the point where it’s hard to even keep my hand on it while playin loudly. the person who built the box for me suggested putting drywall screws to where they go through the first wall and then strike the port wall.Will screws help me here at all it will I have to add more internal bracing?if anyone could answer this question it would be greatly appreciated

bracing?if anyone could answer this question it would be greatly appreciated
If the box builder is recommending this, it means he knows he forgot to glue that panel to the port wall. It will work, just make sure to pre drill to avoid splitting. If you want extra reassurance, with the empty box outside of the vehicle, jam a finish nail between the panel and port walls. Squeeze wood glue in there, remove nails, and screw down. Is there a reason the builder does not want to do it?

If the box builder is recommending this, it means he knows he forgot to glue that panel to the port wall. It will work, just make sure to pre drill to avoid splitting. If you want extra reassurance, with the empty box outside of the vehicle, jam a finish nail between the panel and port walls. Squeeze wood glue in there, remove nails, and screw down. Is there a reason the builder does not want to do it?
I had to drive about 3 hours to get it and he also drove about 2hrs and we met in the middle so I can’t meet back up with him. I will try to get you the dimensions but I can show you a pic that shows where he wanted me to put the the screw.

the piece that is flexing is the outside piece that is slanted outwards not the straight piece
Instead of dimensions, could you post pictures of the box? I thought it was of the rectangle persuasion. Also, the flexing was on the baffle or the rear panel?
When I put my hand in the front of the box It’s hard to keep my hand on it’s because of the vibration and it also makes this deep bad sounding noise(that’s how I found out it was the enclosure because a car audio shop person had pushed against the front piece pretty hard and the noise stopped) about how many screws do you think should solve my problem?

The screws will go in the back panel. 5 equidistant screws starting 1 inch from the bottom of the port wall should suffice. Try using square dowels, easier to cut angled and hold in place while screwing. Red spots are dowel location. They should abut with the side port wall.
CD52BB6E-1C58-4E65-A7C0-E6A62E927073~2.jpeg

I highly doubt you will hear an output difference from the slight reduction in box volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...