Sub Box

Participant count
  • Participant list

herbykw
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am trying to port a home made sealed sub box to specs for my sub. I am running a MA Audio 15" Hard Kore sub in an aprox 6 3/4 CF box--i know the sub calls for a 5.3CF box tuned to 40hz. I am trimming my box down to 5.3 and going to port it. so i have a couple questions..

Does the location of the ports in the box effect the tunning?

how can i test to make sure i did it right?

Dumb question.. The spec sheet for my sub states the ports shout be "(2) 5X9".. that does mean 2 ports at 5" round and the tube goes in 9"??? correct?

The spec sheet has two sets of enclosure reccomendations each with different port sizes and different tuning. Which is louder /deeper 40 hz or 50 hz.

Any other hints/tips you guys have?

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Just run the 6.4 cubic foot box, port info must be wrong because they dont make 5" round PVC. For louder you want near 40Hz for deeper you want mid 30's for tuning.

you want a port with about 100 -120 inches of port area for an enclosure that size, the lenght is gonna tune it.

So Does the port location on the box play a big difference? Where is the best location? straight out the back? sides? Front?

I just want to get the best sound out of my sub.

So Does the port location on the box play a big difference? Where is the best location? straight out the back? sides? Front?
I just want to get the best sound out of my sub.
For listening to music I don't think it's going to make a huge difference, for comps it will, but probably not for music. It also can depend on what kind of vehicle your putting it too. I'd personally recommend doing a slot port and having it on the same side as the subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.