sub box sealent

I would reccomend an everyday clear silicone. It will do the job quite well, plus is easy to find, and doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

Most Home Depot's, Menards', Lowes, etc. carry this.

take it easy,

-zane

I used to use silicone.. but I've found that latex caulk is much more suited for sealing cracks, and its not as prone to peeling off as silicone can be. Not to mention latex is washable with water... Silicone also has a noxious odor, that can affect certain types of spiders...

Loyd L.

Originally posted by bigbassman Silicone also has a noxious odor, that can affect certain types of spiders...

Loyd L.
Who gives a crap about spiders. Do you want one crawling up your leg while your driving? Just imagine a spider hi off silicone, lol, getting banged around by the bass. It would have one awful headache.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

actually if you have access to a nail gun that will work much better....and use lots of carpenters glue, then silicone.

Originally posted by Phatillusion  

Who gives a crap about spiders. Do you want one crawling up your leg while your driving? Just imagine a spider hi off silicone, lol, getting banged around by the bass. It would have one awful headache.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
LMAO!!!!!!!! dude I just fell in the floor... hehehehe

I can see him staggering around singing a messed up version of "I can't dance" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Loyd L.

hey phat i dont know if you were kidding or what.....but i believe he was talking about the mechanical side of subs....the spider refers to the part of the sub....good luck

Originally posted by Goddyd4me hey phat i dont know if you were kidding or what.....but i believe he was talking about the mechanical side of subs....the spider refers to the part of the sub....good luck
of course he was joking.. geez lol

Loyd L.

Originally posted by Goddyd4me hey phat i dont know if you were kidding or what.....but i believe he was talking about the mechanical side of subs....the spider refers to the part of the sub....good luck
I'm for real, don't you ever see the bug man spraying silicone in your house?

calm down man, I'm not that stupid, If you don't know what a spider is, then you don't need to be into car audio. D@mn, try to make a joke and everyone gets serious about it. Did you not see the "lol" and the big smiley face? On the serious side of things, what exactly does the odor do to the spider, in mechanical terms?

P.S. If you have the eight legged spiders in the trunk of your car, you might want to spray before doing any installation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.