sub box (room setup help)

Participant count
  • Participant list

kayan zidan

CarAudio.com Newbie
israel
hi
i have a scar audio 12 (EVL-12 1250Wrms )inch sub in my room and i feel the lack of punch and i know that a proper box can help(looking into a ported box)
I changed the subs location it now sounds cleaner but still feels like its lacking a punch
i have it pointing upwards because i think it sounds the cleanest that way and i don't have many places in my room to put the sub in so that's another problem
any tips on sub box size or location how its supposed to be oriented for good punch and still having a clean sound would be much appreciated ( i can add photos of the setup)

and i know its not the amps or anything they are good enough my Monoblock pumps good amounts of energy into the subwoofer

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-04-14 at 5.06.09 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-04-14 at 5.06.09 PM (1).jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 22
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-04-14 at 5.06.09 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-04-14 at 5.06.09 PM.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 26
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-04-14 at 5.06.10 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-04-14 at 5.06.10 PM (1).jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 26
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-04-14 at 5.06.10 PM (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-04-14 at 5.06.10 PM (2).jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 26
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-04-14 at 5.06.10 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-04-14 at 5.06.10 PM.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 20
In a room you want to corner load your subs. Try putting that box in the corner of the room, sub facing out port facing up and seeing how it sounds.

Getting punchy bass in a room depends alot more on the room Acoustics and positioning than in a car from my experience. Generally enclosures in a home will have the sub or port down firing and the other firing out into the room. I'm not going to pretend to know the science behind it, but it just works.

What is your box tuning?

Matt

Been many years since I ran car subs in my room, as a teen did it all the time. But yeah, corner loading, and big ported boxes tuned to what you’re listening to. We use to face the subs into the corner for loudest bass, ports were always on the sub baffle when I built boxes, so they loaded off the wall too. Could get pretty loud on low power. I liked playing with overall loudness, box tuning, but didn’t really care about flat response or any of that, so loaded them into the nearest corner when testing stuff for SPL mainly (you know like, "let's see how loud this is outside the house" 😅 .

Basically in a room you find the sweet spot for your listening position where you will be sitting, so it will sound better and or louder in different spots of the room. You move the subwoofer around and retest every time until it works well where you will be listening from, or try the “subwoofer crawl”, look that up for tips on that. Being in the bedroom, is more studio monitoring and or home theatre positioning which will apply to what you are doing so look stuff up on those types of subwoofers.

In a room you want to corner load your subs. Try putting that box in the corner of the room, sub facing out port facing up and seeing how it sounds.

Getting punchy bass in a room depends alot more on the room Acoustics and positioning than in a car from my experience. Generally enclosures in a home will have the sub or port down firing and the other firing out into the room. I'm not going to pretend to know the science behind it, but it just works.

What is your box tuning?

Matt
thanks a lot for the help
ill try it but the box that is currently being used is very old and i know its not tuned to well so i need to build a new one and i dont know where to start

What is your box tuning?

Matt
thanks for the help
ill try that and check which sub box I should build
do some research :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...