Sub Box Plans, Feedback Please!

Participant count
  • Participant list

leon
10+ year member

denver
Okay, I've pretty much finalized my box design, but I think it's sort of weird... So I want to run this by the experts to see if there will be any impact on the sound quality and loudness. I also have several questions... Since I'm a noob and all (I'm good on wood building though)

Picture4.jpg

As you can see, it's really wide -- 43 inches. and it's not tall -- 14.5 inches. this is because I have a trunk cover for my Nissan Xterra and I don't want people to see my wangin' box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I had to made it really wide to give myself some trunk space, but it should be alright.

I plan on double-baffling and recessing the subwoofers as well as some bracing in the box (one inch dowels ftw and corner braces), so the final volume probably will be like 4.20 - 4.30, which is pretty decent for my setup, I would think.

I will be running two type-AAARRRRRRs off an Apline M1005 amp (both subs are 2 ohms, so they should be getting around 450-550 watts each). Is this enough the space I'm giving them? I can make this a littler smaller. Alpine recommended like 1.7 cu ft for each sub, but the general consensus on this forum seems to be 2 - 2.5 cu ft per type-r.

As for the baffle (red board in diagram), where should I place my subs? Should I measure and divide equally?

Also, I plan on doing a single terminal cup. Would it be okay if I wired both subs to one terminal cups and that cup the amp? In my previous box, which was sealed with a separate chamber, I had two terminal cups which required that I stuff my amp with two runs of 14G wire. I'll probably be picking up 12G or 10G wire this weekend to replace my wire.

And for the last question... How loud should this get, and will it sound great? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That design is good as it sits, if you double baffle it and put the dowels you will still be in the range of 31-32 hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.