Sub Box help

Participant count
  • Participant list

chrisperry

I have 2 Type R 1241D's and I am trying to build a box, I have tried to find some info on the subs so i can figure out how to build a box for them but yea I must be retarded and I cant find much of anything. I want to make a Sealed box for them, I have plenty of room in my car, and I want tight clean bass...Any suggestions on box size??? Other people with the type r's i'd mainly like to hear what you have and how they sound. Thanx!

Originally posted by chrisperry I have 2 Type R 1241D's and I am trying to build a box, I have tried to find some info on the subs so i can figure out how to build a box for them but yea I must be retarded and I cant find much of anything. I want to make a Sealed box for them, I have plenty of room in my car, and I want tight clean bass...Any suggestions on box size??? Other people with the type r's i'd mainly like to hear what you have and how they sound. Thanx!

Selaed, you say? A lot of people are going to try and make you change your miind, but I guess you know why you want a selaed,not jsut cause the sub was recommended to be sealed.

Ok, here's what you do...

get a tape measure and measure what size you have to work with. You might not want to take up the whole boot, so that you can easily access the spare.

Post the numbers up here and a bunch of box guru will work it out for you...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Sjnce it's sealed, if you're too lazy to make a box, then get the required volume nubmer and buy a pre-made box with similar dimensions. Again, only if it's sealed, not ported.

Oh, but if you want it done faster, there's two ways...

1. download WinISD, the box program. OR

2. hit the search button and type Type R as your keyword... you'll be suprised how many people own similar equipments to yours and have already been given countless size recommendations...

Enjoy building~

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.