Sub Box Design/Wiring Questions

91Chevy
10+ year member

Resident Metalhead
Alright. First off, planning on running a pair of ID10D4 V.3's in a sealed box. Designed a box (first time) and was wondering if anybody can find anything wrong with it. If so, please specify.

BoxDesign.png

Next, onto wiring. I'm still pretty unsure of what I need. Just want to basically know what size wire I need for what. I know I need RCA's for the Amps. Gonna get some 0-Gauge for the "Big 3". 16-Gauge speaker wire. Amp Turn-On cable from HU to amps. But....

1) What size wire do I run from speaker amp to crossovers?

2) What size wire do I run from sub amp to subs?

3) What size wire do I run from battery to amps?

Thanks in advance.

1) Regular speaker wire or a gauge higher

2) You can use 14g along with the crossover wires, but you can also use bigger if you want.

3) You would run the 1/0 from batts to amps. Remember to fuse them correctly.

Box looks good at a glance. Run 0 gauge and 12 gauge. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif...

Box looks good at a glance. Run 0 gauge and 12 gauge. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif... Don't cheap out on the RCAs.

**** the lag for the double post...

Yup, box and sub choice look good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif When picking gauge for wire, think of what's going through it and remember that you measure by the smallest part - you could run 12ga to your speakers, but if you're running 20ga to the crossover that will fail first.

little OT, but is there a free program like that to help aid in my box design? I will only be building the one box, and I can't justify buying that program for one design //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but would really like to be able to test different designs without doing all the calcuations long hand on paper.

Okay, hopefully running into enough money to order everything next week. Just trying to get organized with all the wiring (There's lots). Right now I have:

American Accessories 0-Gauge - American Accessories 0 Gauge Power Cable

- 15ft., for the "Big 3".

Stinger SPW318TU-30FT - Stinger 18 Gauge Remote Turn on Cable 30 Foot Length

- Obvious use.

Stinger SPW110T - Stinger PRO 10 Gauge Premium Power Cable

- 25ft. Black, Power cable to amps.

- 25ft. Red, Power cable to amps.

Audiobahn CP60 - Audiobahn 6 Ft Stereo Pro Series RCA Cable

- x2, Headunit to amps.

Roll of speaker wire comes with the components I'm getting.

Anything else I need? How are the lengths? Gauges? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, what are those black plastic things with the terminals on both sides you put in your sub boxes called?

Alright. First off, planning on running a pair of ID10D4 V.3's in a sealed box. Designed a box (first time) and was wondering if anybody can find anything wrong with it. If so, please specify.
BoxDesign.png

Next, onto wiring. I'm still pretty unsure of what I need. Just want to basically know what size wire I need for what. I know I need RCA's for the Amps. Gonna get some 0-Gauge for the "Big 3". 16-Gauge speaker wire. Amp Turn-On cable from HU to amps. But....

1) What size wire do I run from speaker amp to crossovers?

2) What size wire do I run from sub amp to subs?

3) What size wire do I run from battery to amps?

Thanks in advance.
for a sq setup, i got a Vb of 1.179 (Qtc = .707)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.