sub box carpet..

Do not use spray adheisive.It may be "easier" but down the road that carpet is going to start coming off.I use contact cement, that carpet is NOT going to come off in a year, two years, or 8 years.

I'm currently working on one on how to build a box.

so is it better to carpet the face (where sub is mounted) THEN cut the cutout or carpet entirally last? Im going to be making my first ported enclosure calculated by me and carpeted first time by me this coming week so need to know.

Does seem like a good tutorial indeed. Now for someone to make one on how to make a box.
lol thats the easy part. I have built several enclosures and they have all came out fine. Its just the carpet is what I really **** at. I have gotten better though. One thing I noticed from pro built carpet boxes is that the pieces of the box are already carpeted and then the box is put together. im not sure how good of of a sealed that would be though since the carpet would be in between the pieces or maybe they just cut it really close to the edge. One thing that I might do for my next carpet is just spray the adhesive and put a staple at the corners to help the carpet sit there. As long as the carpet doesnt move much the adhesive spray will hold it down nicely. The only problems Ive had was with the corners of the carpet but that could easily be fixed with like 1 staple at each corner.

i install carpets for a living, and if u can find this **** called nu spraylok, get it and use it, its fantastic. though it is a premium glue so its expensive-ish.

what type of carpet would you recommend for boxes? i can imagine a carpet with a straight or high pile wouldnt work too well. im guessing a low loop pile would work best...or outdoor carpet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.