sub as speaker?

V-Opolis

GA
alright so i have some extra money, and feel like buying a cheap 20$ subwoofer jsut to try it out and see how it sounds, and take it out if its crappy, or leave it.

1) could i take one of my rear speakers out and hook it up using the old speakers wires?

2) (if #1 applies)seeing as how its 20$ and im takin a speaker out, i wouldnt need an amp right?

I don't know more about crossover.But I can say something like this about crossover."Crossover is a term which applies to the musical works.Performers appearing on two or more of the record charts which track differing the musical tests."

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I'd be willing to pay for a quality HU, if it meant that I can truly get the sound quality I need. I've seen some aftermarket ones that look...
As for which signal to use, I tried all combinations and getting signal from the dash and front & rear doors is the only way the system sounded...
Not saying it can't be done or will necessarily sound bad and have heard reliable sources say they've had it sound good. I just never sat in one...
I swapped out a water-damaged amp from a '73 Mercury Cougar and wired four speakers (2 frnt Door/2 rear door panel) as shown here, but did not...
That would be a function of the harness, not the HU, I think. Have you looked into a Maestro or iData interface? i would check with crutchfield...

About this thread

V-Opolis

V-Opolis
GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
ciaonzo