sub and ohms question

Participant count
  • Participant list

jayrebb
10+ year member

ok i gotta two questions...first of all, heres what im working with:

700 watt earthquake amp, bridged and requires 4 ohms minimum.

ok right now im running two 15 inch zeuz (svc, 4ohms each) they are rated at 400 watts each. now i just got two 10 inch audiobahn ( dvc, 6 ohms each) rated at 800 watts each....my question is...what do any of you think the best setup would be working with any combination of these speakers...and powered by the above amp?? im goin mostly for spl. i would appreciate any and all advice.

second.. if i were to run the audiobahn subs, would i be better off just running one, or both subs?....they are rated at 800 watts and my amp only puts out 700 (bridged)....and how would i wire them up...the whole 6 ohm thing is confusing me. thanks again for any help.

kenny

I'd probably stick with the 15's - though you're not taking full advantage of the amp's capabilities ... Mixing sub sizes is a shot in the dark. You're very likely to have phase issues that will actually reduce your SPL at some frequencies, and not at others - ending up with a very inconsistent freq response and no real increase.

However, if you could come up with one more of those 10's, you could wire 3 into a dual 2-ohm (or single 4-ohm) load - 3 coils in parallel for one circuit, same for the other, then run the two circuits in series for the 4-ohm load - and 3 10's would have close to the cone area of the 2 15's (though not quite...), but would be getting double the wattage...

hmm...so know chance of one of those 10 inchers comparing to my crappy 15s??? ya know since they are rated at 800 watts...i dunno....what if didint bridge my amp and went stereo...hmmmm???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.