Sub/Amp Upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

rlmacdon

I'm hoping a few of you experts can give me some advice on an upgrade. I'm currently running (2)IDQ 10DV2 off a Cadence A5000+ (Sweet Poison). I'd like to get a little more kick while maintaining the SQ. I happen to have 2 of these amplifiers. I'm considering either an IDMAX 12 or (2) of the IDMAX 10s. Which would be the better way to go as far as SQ is concerned? Here are the specs for the (2)amps I currently own (maybe for sale) and the one (A7000+) I'm real close to purchasing.

SPECS: A7000+

4 OHM STEREO - 250 WPC

2 OHM STEREO - 450 WPC

4 OHM MONO - 900 WATTS

THD - 0.008%

A-WTD S/N RATIO - 105DB

X-OVER TYPE - 12 DB SLOPE, LOW PASS

X-OVER FREQUENCY - VARIABLE 30 - 600 HZ

SPECS: A5000+ (I have 2 of these)

4 OHM STEREO - 175 WPC

2 OHM STEREO - 250 WPC

4 OHM MONO - 500 WATTS

THD - 0.05%

A-WTD S/N RATIO - 100DB

X-OVER TYPE - 12/24 DB SLOPE, LP/HP/FULL

X-OVER FREQUENCY - VARIABLE 30 - 6000 HZ

What are the pros and cons of (1) 12" VS (2) 10"? It's been suggested to me that I could use 2 amps in mono mode on one sub with each amp feeding a different coil. Is this advisable? Any guidance on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

don't run two amp to one sub unless they are ment to do that. If The company has advertised(not a friend) that it can run two amps as one then you can do it. 12" subs can play the lower freqs better but tens are much tighter when it comes to bass. If your really going for sound quality i would recomend going for the 2 10". Also keep in mind that with two subs you'll get what is known as constructive interference. Which is when to sin waves come to gether and double their "loudness", so to say. If i were you I would go with two 12 run them at 4ohms maybe even 8ohms and you should be satisfied. That is just my opion.

best of luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.