Stupid question: Can you use mono channel amp to power door speakers?

if you don't mind having no stereo separation AND had a good way to high pass filter so that you don't destroy your speakers you could run everything off of something like that.

For future reference though, it is considered bad manners to bump old threads in online forums. We have a special mascot around here who gets posted when somebody does this.

@Popwarhomie
I apologize i didn't mean to bump? An old thread
if you don't mind having no stereo separation AND had a good way to high pass filter so that you don't destroy your speakers you could run everything off of something like that.

For future reference though, it is considered bad manners to bump old threads in online forums. We have a special mascot around here who gets posted when somebody does this.

@Popwarhomie

Honestly I wouldn’t do it. 2 and 4 channel amplifiers are so cheap these days that it doesn’t really make sense to use the wrong equipment.
Something like a Taramps ts400x4 can be bought new for around $70. I have to think that some pawnshop around you has a 4 channel for $30 or $40.
If you are insistent on using that amplifier, I would only use it for the rear speakers. Leave the front speakers alone for now, that way you will have some stereo separation.

13 year old thread...

really.jpg

I apologize i didn't mean to bump? An old thread.i just found this audio sight last night.im completely new on this sight..i was just surfing around looking at all the different questions this forum answers and i got excited when i came across the Same question i was coming on here to ask which was can i use my mono amp to act as a 2 ch amp.i didn't mean to bump an old thread.i don't even know what that means

Honestly I wouldn’t do it. 2 and 4 channel amplifiers are so cheap these days that it doesn’t really make sense to use the wrong equipment.
Something like a Taramps ts400x4 can be bought new for around $70. I have to think that some pawnshop around you has a 4 channel for $30 or $40.
If you are insistent on using that amplifier, I would only use it for the rear speakers. Leave the front speakers alone for now, that way you will have some stereo separation.

When you post in a thread it "bumps" up to the front page.

Again, discussion boards in general if you're not the thread originator posting some sort of pertinent update or resolution, resurrecting old threads is typically considered bad form.

Just pay attention to the dates before replying to threads or pop will be forced to post that baby goat picture at you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...