Street Beat Box Build

Participant count
  • Participant list

NissanKicker
10+ year member

Honda-on-22-Nissan-on-20
Well... I woke up this morning and decided that I was gonna build a box for Street Beat for my MA AUDIO HK12x2s to use at the Longview Show ( July 28th ). i was also goin' to use my SPL box @ the show. I ended up not goin' to that particular show ( I was done in time, just didn't feel like making the 2hr. drive ).

.... I went out to Lowes, their d*mn cutting machine was jacked up.... So I had to cut...

... Everything would have been fine until my Skil saw f*cked up... So that left me to cut EVERYTHING with my Jig saw. Talkin' about pi$$ed

I have a couple of pictures, It took a total of 3 1/2 to 4hrs. It was a simple box build, just was ticked off from everything! So it took me a minute to calm down.

Now for the pictures!

Enclosure: 7.08ft3 @ 32hz

IMAGE_00010-1.jpg

IMAGE_00011-1.jpg

IMAGE_00012-1.jpg

IMAGE_00013-1.jpg

IMAGE_00014-1.jpg

IMAGE_00015.jpg

IMAGE_00016.jpg

IMAGE_00017.jpg

IMAGE_00018.jpg

... You're goin' to have to excuse me for some of the uneven cuts ( Still pi$$ed about the skil saw f*cking up on me ).

But overall - The sound is RIDICULOUS! Hits low & loud... pretty much what I'm aiming for this time...

Just thought I'd share my day with you all.... let me know what you think. All comments, negativity, etc. is welcomed...

PS - I'll post a video or 2... ( I just took my Fat Mat off the trunk lid about 4 days ago, goin' with the newer Fat mat - plus it was getting old - trunk sound UGLY... but pressures great... Hoping for 144+ w/ 1800rms @ .5 street beat... I got 146.7 with my other box @ the kick.

I may be going to that same show in the CRX...I'll be running 4 DD 10's in the CRX...on a Z1a....hopefully I'll see you there...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Looks good....Theres a show in Alexandria on the 12th or 13th also...I'm gonna check the date....

Carpet to match my interior...

.. I thought about fleckston though.

Yeah, I predrilled... But it was due to the number of screws... And too close to the edge.

... About the caulking thing... LOL! I know, I got caulk crazy ( Plus clear silicone )

BUT! The enclosure doesn't leak any air. ( Thanks for my overkill on the caulk ).

It hits hard on 1800rms @ .5... But I am lookin' for more power though.

... Maybe a kx2500/zx2500 ... * cough - Dave's Z1a - cough * .... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

... 38"W x 23"D x 14"H

Port is 6"W x 12.5"H x 29"L

... It's ~ 3.91 ( 4cuft internally ) after port & sub displacement..

Tuned ~32hz - 33hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.