stratus5000 (eBay) - Seller - BAD!

Participant count
  • Participant list

EFFENDI
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
stratus5000

I'd be very wary of doing business with this guy, was trying to work out a deal with him on an Arc Audio 4050XXK he is selling on eBay. Asked him if he would take a deposit to hold it for me until I could transfer the rest of the funds to my PayPal account. Here is the breakdown:

After back and forth emails discussing details, and deciding upon a price of $350.00+shpping here is what he had to say:

I missed quoted you on the price and changed it to buy it now for $375.00 that's a savings of over $150.00 for a new amp with one year warranty sorry about your financial situation but my money problems are not good either. I will ship it to you for $20.00 hope your funds come in soon God bless, Steve

After finding out he wants to raise the price, here was my response:

Please be clear, I dont have money problems. I just dont have all the money in my PayPal account. It takes a few days for it to transfer from my checking account, and unfortunately there is nothing I can do to speed up that process, which is why I offered you a deposit.

Your loss I guess. Thanks anyway. I'll have to find another seller who knows what they are doing.
His less-than-polite response to mine:

Hey smart ass I was being honest with you and I don't take money or down payments from people who don't even have a 100.00 bucks in there account. I told you I was fairly new to ebay. be careful the way you talk to people it could come back and haunt you. Get a back bone and don't use the web to talk **** and least be face to face coward.
I just paid for my Iraggi alternator Friday via PayPal so I didnt have the full $400+ he was asking for, of course I have more than $100.00 in my PayPal account, but I was unwilling to send him a deposit of more thatn $75 since he was a new seller, and had no feedback on this forum. Thank God I didnt send him a single penny.

He does business online under the alias "stratus5000".

Although I did not purchase anything from him (thank the Lord I didn't) I'd highly reccommend against doing business with this character. Obviously he doesn't know how to handle himself. Resorting to threats is never a good business practice.

Here is another email I sent to him:

I have no problem dealing with you face to face, unfortunately do to the nature of email, that isnt really posible, is it? I didn't say anything that wasn't true to you, and I was being honest as well. I can get the amp for $25.00 more, brand new in the box, with a warranty, and from a reputable seller with over 500 transactions on eBay. Why would I spend more, and take the risk buying from you? I made an offer, no one said you had to accept it. I was trying to work out a satisfactory solution. I have more than $100.00 in my PayPal account, I could make give you a $300.00 deposit if I wanted to, but since you are a new seller, why should I take the chance and give you more? I guess you wont be getting any of my money now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Good luck with your business online. I would suggest not responding to emails in the manner you just did, its not going to help your reputation at all.
His response:

I don't have a ebay business and don't want one, I work for a living. If you have the money why don't you buy the new amp? HMMMMM!

Interestingly, I manage having a day job, and am an active seller on eBay and this forum. I dont see what is so difficult. I promise none of my buyers will ever have to deal with this poor example of behaviour as long as they are dealing with me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

EFFENDI

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
EFFENDI
Los Angeles, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies