Strapping amps

Participant count
  • Participant list
keep em separated and gain matched. Strapping is no bueno, heavy loads on the slave amp, high impedance rise, amps out of phase aka loss of output.
Hey Jeffdachef after reading your reply I plan on strapping my 2 JL amps. I'm running one to each sub will I have issues similar to the ones you described or should I stop being lazy and get 2-1to2 split RCA connectors the reason for strapping is I only have one set of rca's ran in my car and I kinda figured strapping them would be more economical but I never thought about the 3 huge things you just mentioned

rca splitter and strap. all the amps that i've seen strapped, the slave amp is considerably weaker in clamp tests after 1 year and parts seem a lot more worn. Plus people are always way louder gain matched compared to strapping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.