strapping amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

joshy629
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
:help:ive had no experiance with this and plan to do so soon. does one become the positive and one become the negative? like do you hook all the positives into the master amp and all the negatives into the slave amp? and say my overall ohm load is 1ohm, does each amp see .5? thanks guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

Strapping amps can be confusing. In my experience, the master amp is pos and the slave is neg. Generally you hook both the regular negatives together from both amps. Run wire from the negative output of the amp to the neg of the other. But read your manual. Lmk if you need anymore help.l

It depends. Korean amps work in half bridge mode which requires the amp's output to be wired in series. This means that one amp ONLY does one half of the waveform. (Assuming I'm understanding this correctly, I could always be wrong but this is what I currently believe to be true) It's supposed to result in a more efficient operation than parallel strapping, which I don't honestly understand at all.

Hmm. Would that not mess up phasing or polarity? That's weird.
Well it shouldn't. The master amp is receiving the signal and outputting it's half, and giving the other portion to the slave amp. It is off for half of the cycle so I wouldn't think it would do any of that, but like I said, I have a very limited understanding and as of right now, it is above my head.

dc power 280 amp alt batcap 2k under hood 2 stinger sv 2150s batcap 3k and a batcap 4k all in the back. 6 body grounds in the back 4 runs of 0 gauge to fuse block and 2 runs of 0 gauge front to back =D

you should be fine then josh .and yes the + speaker terminals of the master amp are the + for the subs and the + on the slave amp is the - for the subs ,then run a wire from - of master to - of slave and connect the rca between both amps.also when in slave and master mode only the master amp settings will work ,which makes it easy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.