Straight answer/recommendations?

now the question is... will they fit in a stock door panel for a 05 trailblazer ls?
if not, would i need to custom fit them and.or have a kickpod of some sort?

oh... forgot to mention. those mb quarts have a very shallow mounting depth. they can fit in just about any door. in europe the cars are small as hell especially the door panels. these speakers were designed to fit in tight spots. they were one of the first to use neo magnets.

well buddy, it's too late for that. your gonna have to spend the extra doe for some decent comps to match your sub. really, save your cash and get what is needed. the mb quarts q216's are about the best your gonna get at that price. those comps used to sell for $1,199 at hifi buys. they have alot of output and will match up with that sub.

very true but I like the diamond hex myself but hes right got to get something to keep up.

very true but I like the diamond hex myself but hes right got to get something to keep up.
diamond hex is decent but they don't put out alot of midbass. i don't think people realize how loud those mb quarts are. i imagine buddy buying that giant sub he listens to mostly rap and drum and bass. mb quarts totally rule for rap and industrial. now if he was going for heavy metal or rock and roll i wouldn't recommend those comps unless he had an eq. some people just like bright tweeters. for me i like silk dome and ribbons. really, those mb quarts were top of the line 5 years ago. everybody was on the bandwagon. i talked **** about them until i heard them in comp car. they blew me away. they sound alot better than the boston z series.... to me

appreciate all the info... i've heard the quarts mentioned before but if a ton of people are recommending them on a sub-specific forum rather than on crutchfield.com, i'll definately look into those.

my TO-BUY list:

- quarts

- amp (tbd)

- h/o alter.

- 2 deka batteries

- 3kw amp for xxx

but first, i need to sell my 12" SX's, an eclipse cd5100 with a stuck cd mechanism and the ax1500 amp i have.

appreciate all the info... i've heard the quarts mentioned before but if a ton of people are recommending them on a sub-specific forum rather than on crutchfield.com, i'll definately look into those.
my TO-BUY list:

- quarts

- amp (tbd)

- h/o alter.

- 2 deka batteries

- 3kw amp for xxx

but first, i need to sell my 12" SX's, an eclipse cd5100 with a stuck cd mechanism and the ax1500 amp i have.
whay kind of music do you listen to?

The Cadence CWM-6kit on ebay for close to nothing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CADENCE-CWM6-KIT-ALUMINUM-ALLOY-6-5-COMPONENT-KIT_W0QQitemZ260206695475QQihZ016QQcategoryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That set is very nice for the price and can get **** loud. The tweeter is accurate and detailed with a nice high end to it. They did get bright when on axis though. The midbass was comparable to CDT's HD6 but the upper midrange wasn't as nice. The crossovers could use some work but they're not bad either. I ran mine off of a 150wrms Polk amp and it was able to push them pretty hard.

I say invest less on the speakers and more on the amp so later you can upgrade and not have to worry about not having enough power.

The Cadence CWM-6kit on ebay for close to nothing:http://cgi.ebay.com/CADENCE-CWM6-KIT-ALUMINUM-ALLOY-6-5-COMPONENT-KIT_W0QQitemZ260206695475QQihZ016QQcategoryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That set is very nice for the price and can get **** loud. The tweeter is accurate and detailed with a nice high end to it. They did get bright when on axis though. The midbass was comparable to CDT's HD6 but the upper midrange wasn't as nice. The crossovers could use some work but they're not bad either. I ran mine off of a 150wrms Polk amp and it was able to push them pretty hard.

I say invest less on the speakers and more on the amp so later you can upgrade and not have to worry about not having enough power.
i say.... invest more on becomeing more intelligent. telling buddy to go with cadence comps is about retarded. for one the qsd216's are discontinued and want be around much longer. i'd jump on them before their gone forever. hell, any flea market sales cadence....

i say.... invest more on becomeing more intelligent. telling buddy to go with cadence comps is about retarded. for one the qsd216's are discontinued and want be around much longer. i'd jump on them before their gone forever. hell, any flea market sales cadence....
So I take it then that you have a lot of experience with that component set in multiple vehicles, in multiple enclosures, and multiple amps?

So I take it then that you have a lot of experience with that component set in multiple vehicles, in multiple enclosures, and multiple amps?
sure do.... not my favorite and i've never owned them. just know what they can do. **** any dick today?

redneck - i listen mainly to rap in my car.

and immacomputer is smart dude. he knows what he's talking about, he actually designed my box for my XXX 18". and it sounds sweet as hell by the way ! just need more powerrrr!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.