Straight answer/recommendations?

BreakingBad

Banned
pittsburgh
OK so i've posted threads before about this, but i need some true answers for my application as the only other reliable source i have are reviews on crutchfield, etc.

I have a 18" XXX. the highs are grossly overpowered by the sub, and i want to get a new set for the front and throw a small amp on them.

Thing is, I've seen some really good reviews on some Polk components, and some alpine comp's.

I want 1 thing: CLEAR, distortion-free highs (given you don't up the volume to its distortion level) with decent midbass. i know midbass is really important to some people, but anything is better than what i have now.

i've heard rainbow mentioned, other brands... looking for a set of comps in 1-200$ range. any true recommendations?

OK so i've posted threads before about this, but i need some true answers for my application as the only other reliable source i have are reviews on crutchfield, etc.
I have a 18" XXX. the highs are grossly overpowered by the sub, and i want to get a new set for the front and throw a small amp on them.

Thing is, I've seen some really good reviews on some Polk components, and some alpine comp's.

I want 1 thing: CLEAR, distortion-free highs (given you don't up the volume to its distortion level) with decent midbass. i know midbass is really important to some people, but anything is better than what i have now.

i've heard rainbow mentioned, other brands... looking for a set of comps in 1-200$ range. any true recommendations?
well, for all that bass you got you need some serious output from your front stage to match your sub stage. $100-$200 for comps isn't gonna work. a little amp to push those comps will not work either.

here' some components that have crap load of output and have some very nice midbass. you'll need a decent amp to push them. these components are biampable. get you a decent 4 ch and power each speaker with that amp. here's a good amp for that component...

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4422

(AMP)

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1215

(COMPONENT)

You have an 18 with 1500W going to it. Normal components don't have a chance keeping up with that. You have 2 options, turn down the subs until the highs can keep up or go with compression drivers up front and kiss your hearing good-bye. They'll keep up without a lot of power and can easily do 120dB in the midrange and high freqs. Doesn't sound that loud for the bas region but it's deafness loud in the mids and highs.

Holy ******** pricing, batman!
Those are outrageous prices.
you think you could better?

that sub he's running needs a front stage to match. the new pionere's or anyother comp in the price range of $100-200 sure as hell ain't gonna do it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

well, for all that bass you got you need some serious output from your front stage to match your sub stage. $100-$200 for comps isn't gonna work. a little amp to push those comps will not work either.
here' some components that have crap load of output and have some very nice midbass. you'll need a decent amp to push them. these components are biampable. get you a decent 4 ch and power each speaker with that amp. here's a good amp for that component...

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4422

(AMP)

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1215

(COMPONENT)
buncha crap mang.... naaaaaaa j/k ....... 4 that price you can get 2 sets of comps..(2) 6 1/2" RF T1 comps that will screammmmmmmmm, b-leeve me i got em and they sound great as long as theyr positiond correctly n u give em some good juice..

I'd bet they don't have anymore of those QSDs though. They probably went really fast at that price.
they got plenty of them.... bought soo much they say they'll be around for 2 more years. you'd be stupid not to scoop up thos comps. the tweets are little bright but a decent hu can tame them. that's why i recommended those comps paired up with that sub... because of the output. they have really good midbass too...

well i spent way too much money on this sub, so i'm not lookin to do the same all the way around...

i mean if i saw comps for 250 or 300 and they were 10 times better than a 200 set i was looking into, i might save the money and get them you know.

but i'm lookin to drop no more than 400-600 on comps+amp. i'm not made of money but i want to have a system that can perform! i have to buy 2 batteries (2 dekas, $300) plus a HO alt yet, and i want to get a sundown saz-3000 on the XXX.

well i spent way too much money on this sub, so i'm not lookin to do the same all the way around...
i mean if i saw comps for 250 or 300 and they were 10 times better than a 200 set i was looking into, i might save the money and get them you know.

but i'm lookin to drop no more than 400-600 on comps+amp. i'm not made of money but i want to have a system that can perform! i have to buy 2 batteries (2 dekas, $300) plus a HO alt yet, and i want to get a sundown saz-3000 on the XXX.
well buddy, it's too late for that. your gonna have to spend the extra doe for some decent comps to match your sub. really, save your cash and get what is needed. the mb quarts q216's are about the best your gonna get at that price. those comps used to sell for $1,199 at hifi buys. they have alot of output and will match up with that sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.