Stolen head unit..in the market for a new head pioneer headunit...Suggestions please?

Participant count
  • Participant list

tiny tim
10+ year member

LA
The other day my car was broken into and my head unit was stolen. It was a Pioneer DEH-8600MP that I had for a few years that I really liked. I had the IPod adapter also installed for the unit. They do not sell this unit anymore but I want something about the same that will work with the pioneer adapter or will be Ipod capable. Whats good these days? I'm open to other brands as well.

well the pioneer 880PRS is the SQ deck right now. Lots of turning feature and you can run active with it. If the ipod adapter is the ib-100 thingy it should work also. Check that out.

I think the comparable alpine one is 9887.

you will be amazed at this deck... does everything, bluetooth,ipod,usb,sub xover,preout gain adjust,eq,50 different colors... i just swapped out my alpine 7949 for it... im shocked as hell his sells for 150 bucks... try it... you will thank me... i dont deal junk but this **** is hot bro

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JVC-KD-AR880-CAR-AUDIO-CD-MP3-USB-PLAYER-RECEIVER_W0QQitemZ280213984302QQihZ018QQcategoryZ50559QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
You missed this I see.http://cgi.ebay.com/JVC-ARSENAL-KD-AR880-IN-DASH-AM-CD-MP3-WMA-AAC-USB_W0QQitemZ250233218923QQihZ015QQcategoryZ79835QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ok i've narrowed it down to these:

Alpine:

iDA-X001

CDA-9887 or CDA-9886

Pioneer:

DEH-P9800BT

DEH-P7000BT

DEH-P6000UB

As far as the features I am concerned with:

1. An easy, quick IPod interface is very important. My old 8600 need the adapter since it was too old and the interface ******. It took forever to scroll through artists and songs. I'm told the 9800BT also needs the adapter, so it will probably be the same way. If there is anything out there that I can pick songs right from the iPod instead of using an interface on the head unit, I would actually prefer that.

2. Good sound quality.

3. Nice display

4. Bluetooth is a cool feature but not really that important to me I have to sacrifice any of the above to have it.

5. Sattelite radio not important to me at all cus i will never use it.

Also feel free to suggest anything you guys might have that you like. Thanks

If your car was broken into, you better buy a better alarm for your car. Get the shyt where sirens go off inside of your car...I dont know anyone who is willing to withstand that sound while stealing your equipment.

yeah i don't know why it didnt go off. They smashed the window and it still didnt i guess. Im definitely gonna look into a new alarm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.