Stock system speaker upgrade questions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Delirious

FL
I own an 03 Dodge Dakota club cab with a non-infinity system. Yesterday my dook speakers finaly died, most likely because my truck got sunk nearly a year ago. Since then thy were never quite right.

Im loking to at the verry minimum replace them or upgrade them but I dont know what I shoud be looking for.

I will not be doing anything but replacing the speakers, so I will not be bying an amp... for now.

Since I will be running off of stock head unit power only what 6.5" speakers would you recomend that have good sound quality with a lower power requierment.

at the moment im lookin at these

Pioneer 6.5's

Kenwood 6.5's

because they have a relativey low RMS range i think 30W (35 for the kenwood's) and they have a 90 (92 for the kenwood's) db sensitivity rating. Im a big noob at this but the higher the db sensitivy rating and the ower the RMS power range the more "efficient" the speaker is?

How would speakers like these prefrom compaired to stock?

Any better options?

You'd be paying too much for those speakers at best buy..I'd suggest u post a WTB,name ur budget and buy from the classifieds here.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

With a little good luck,U could get urself a set of modest comps for the front and some coaxials for the back.

Well, if you don't plan to amplify your speakers, there's minimal gain in buying aftermarket equipment. In fact, sometimes stock speakers will have better bass reproduction than aftermarket coaxials on head unit power.

I think you'd be happier with a pair of components for your front doors & a small 2 channel amplifier. It's not as expensive as you may think...

Well, if you don't plan to amplify your speakers, there's minimal gain in buying aftermarket equipment. In fact, sometimes stock speakers will have better bass reproduction than aftermarket coaxials on head unit power.
I think you'd be happier with a pair of components for your front doors & a small 2 channel amplifier. It's not as expensive as you may think...
Thats true...dont worry too much about the rears...spend ur $$$ in the front.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.