stock install question (high level inputs on amp)

BLD 25
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
So of all the installs i have done for friends, i have never done one with a stock head unit. I have an amp for him that has high level inputs, and I know I just run the wire to the inputs, and back to the speakers(or just splice into the speakers). My question is, how does the amp know to turn on? will it sense the voltage coming from the speakers, or do i still try to find an antenna wire or something to tap into the remote?

Help!

thanks

I have no idea how the high level inputs work, but if you can't figure it out, you could always wire a relay to activate when the ignition is active. Not that hard to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

If you are going to replace the HU, then the AC unit is not needed. As to which are good to use, I like the Kenwood Excelon, Sony, Alpine and...
Yep, that will mark the third iteration of teh X series. i figured that was in the loop as they have been running out of stock on the last...
That is the perfect spot to do that. OEM sub may interfere with the new one and cause cancellation.
Those NVX are very good indeed. I only have a leftover set because they were originally going into my brothers restomod 68 Chevelle SS and we...
Could not tell you, but you may want to start by going to crutchfield and get a consensus on the 7 or so replacements they recommend. That average...

About this thread

BLD 25

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
BLD 25
Carbondale, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date