Stock Headunit Wiring

Bay Area
10+ year member

Hi there,

I am going to install a sub and amp into a 2002 Acura TL but I am trying to keep the stock head unit. I was wondering how much of a headache y'all think this could be. The stock sound system does have a subwoofer with it, so would that make it any easier? If so, should I just follow the wiring from the sub to the headunit and go from there? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Elliot

just run power and ground and then splice into the rear deck speaker wires and get the rca adaptors if you want to keep the stock hu. but you really should consider upgrading the hu

you need a hi lo convertor / in line converter...u can pick them up at a range of 10-100 bucks depending on the quality of the build. i think they are all the same though, but dont take my word for it, ive only used the one that they sell at best buy ut i got 5 finger discount.

why tap into the rea speakers, when you can tap in to the factory sub? find out where the factory sub amp is located, they should have one, i doubt they would power a sub with the factory HU, even if it is factory.

Hi There,

Thanks for the replies.

The reasons i don't want to replace the stock HU are mainly cosmetic and price issues. I figure that since there is a stock Subwoofer, it should be fairly simple to replace it with a new one, but I've never done anything with a stock HU before so I thought to ask.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.