Eclipse AVN-7000 Install In Double Din Slot

Participant count
  • Participant list
Morning,

I just purchased the Eclipse AVN 7000 from Crutchfield and will have it installed in a 2006 Explorer. I am currently stationed in Sigonella, Sicily but am in the process of moving back to the states on 31 May !!!!! GOING HOME FINALLY AFTER THREE LONG YEARS HERE !!!!

Anyway, I'll be picking up my new Expolrer on the first of June and taking it to Car Toy's?, Circuit City?? for the install.

My Explorer (that I haven't even seen yet) has one of those large (possible double din) factory radio set-up's. For some reason Crutchfield advisor's stated the double din setups from Eclipse don't fit the new interior design of the 06 Explorer, so I went with the AVN 7000 to be safe.

The install kit from crutchfield has the single din sleeve with storage pocket below. I was wondering if anyone has any idea's on what to put in place of the pocket??? Don't really need it, want to avoid having it and don't really like the look. If anyone has any pics of a single din install in a double din slot that looks nice I would really appreciate seeing them, just looking for clean and sturdy install !!!

I had a similar set-up in my Mitsubishi Eclipse, had it centered in the double din opening and used abs to kinda fill everything in, but over time it wiggled loose because the weight probably wasn't being supported properly and to be honest it didn't really look that nice. Or they might have just done a crappy install job!!. Anyway appreciate your time and all advice given!!

Steve

I dont have any pictures, but have seen people put the lcd of alarms, a speaker channel, built in radar detector, and an eq. I have also seen some modified kits where the opening is just in the center and there is no pocket. Hopefully that will give you some ideas, but most will require some fabrication to make it look nice. Good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.