Stock Head Unit is dimming

Participant count
  • Participant list

juanmgarza26
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hello guys i got another vehicle to have around its a 2003 ranger extrnded cab, the head unit dims when it hits mid bass, im guessing this could be a ground? Im in no hurry for it to be fixed or anything im using the small truck for stuff around inside our ranch not for show or anything. Thanks.

Hello guys i got another vehicle to have around its a 2003 ranger extrnded cab, the head unit dims when it hits mid bass, im guessing this could be a ground? Im in no hurry for it to be fixed or anything im using the small truck for stuff around inside our ranch not for show or anything. Thanks.
Are you experiencing more than just the Head Unit dimming? (interior lights,headlights,ect.)

the entire sound system is stock except for the speakers rear speakers, I believe theyre pioneers, I can balrely see the logo through the slots of the door panel, other than that its a stock stereo, stock front speakers, and well the rear look like pioneers, and stock electrical

Strange. You're sure you wired everything properly? If so, the only thing that I can think of to my knowledge would be the alternator. Very doubtful though.
Ya Idk why you would think it was the alt, anyways it could just be old or a bad ground that is weird but i woiuldnt worry about it, really i would just replace the deck i hate stock hu

I don't mean to be sarcastic but the title says stock head unit, everything is stock... only the rear speakers, head unit stock, front speakers stock, wiring stock... regardless I cant pin point the problem to this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.