Stock head unit + Amp: Good or Bad?

Bump. Opinions anyone?
I'm also considering the possibility of adding the Hertz DBA 200.3 amp/sub unit at $450 + $42 labor.
those prices are not crazy considering its hertz but i would take that invoice to other shops to see what they can do for you but that sounds like a nice setup except the 140 for 4gauge wire thats way to much i would just order my own and give it to them

those prices are not crazy considering its hertz but i would take that invoice to other shops to see what they can do for you but that sounds like a nice setup except the 140 for 4gauge wire thats way to much i would just order my own and give it to them
Would you reccomend going with the sub?

if i were you i would do more research, install 0 awg kit as you may want to upgrade later, that was my mistake, bought a 4 awg kit, had a shop install it, and then i wanted to upgrade so i had to rip it all out

unless you're the type of person who likes everything matching then I would say no I would have the shop 0 gauge to the back into a dblock and then save your 500 bucks and do some research on your amp subwoofer combo and install it yourself it should be easy at that point with the wires already ran to the back

unless you're the type of person who likes everything matching then I would say no I would have the shop 0 gauge to the back into a dblock and then save your 500 bucks and do some research on your amp subwoofer combo and install it yourself it should be easy at that point with the wires already ran to the back
exactly what he said, it should cost you under $100 for them to run you a 0 awg kit, and thats probably the hardest part, and it isnt even that hard, trust me, if i can do it you can lol

If the 0 gague wire would only be for future upgrades later, I don't think I need that. I just want to get a good sounding system that I'm happy with and stick with it.

Regarding the sub, I don't care about haveing matching brands. The sub would be the only visible component anyway. But do you think the sub/amp package the shop suggested (Hertz DBA 200.3) is not good? It seemed nice that it's relativley compact and it would be easy to unplug and and take it out temporarly for times that I need more trunk space. If I decide that I don't need a sub, then I'll leave it off, but if I'm going to get one anyway, what's the disadvantage of getting this one? And if the shop installs it, they'll get all the tuning on the sound processor set up for the whole system.

Also, are you guys familier with the Hertz ESK 165 component system? I've seen a lot of comments about people liking the HSK 165 speakers, which are a step up, but not much about the ESK's. Am I getting good speakers here?

If the 0 gague wire would only be for future upgrades later, I don't think I need that. I just want to get a good sounding system that I'm happy with and stick with it.
Regarding the sub, I don't care about haveing matching brands. The sub would be the only visible component anyway. But do you think the sub/amp package the shop suggested (Hertz DBA 200.3) is not good? It seemed nice that it's relativley compact and it would be easy to unplug and and take it out temporarly for times that I need more trunk space. If I decide that I don't need a sub, then I'll leave it off, but if I'm going to get one anyway, what's the disadvantage of getting this one? And if the shop installs it, they'll get all the tuning on the sound processor set up for the whole system.

Also, are you guys familier with the Hertz ESK 165 component system? I've seen a lot of comments about people liking the HSK 165 speakers, which are a step up, but not much about the ESK's. Am I getting good speakers here?
no but hurt setup is nice if money is no object I would say go for it but for $500 you can get a a better set up that will be louder

no the hertz setup is nice if money is no object I would say go for it but for $500 you can get a a better set up that will be louder

no the hertz setup is nice if money is no object I would say go for it but for $500 you can get a a better set up that will be louder
Okay I see what you are saying. Though, loud bass is not a priority for me. I don't usually listen to the loud thumping music, though I realize that a sub would help fill out any music even if I'm not looking for loud bass.

I'm mainly interested in good sound quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.