Stock Deck Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

joe17
10+ year member

CA
My friend just bought a 2007 toyota camry and he wants to add 2 subs and an amp. Now he wants to keep his stock deck, so what does he have to use to send the signal to the amp? Like what replaces the remote wire, and what replaces the rca cables, when you use a stock deck?

thanks

You would get an LOC (Line Output Converter) which takes the signal output from the speaker wires coming off of the stock deck and changes them to RCA preamp outputs. From there you wire normal RCA interconnects from the LOC to the amp(s)

Some factory decks are now coming with remote accessory activation outputs though I do not know if your friend's happens to be one of them. If it isn't you'll want to wire a remote turn-on lead to a switched fuse on the fusebox (that turns on and off with the key) or run a lead to the battery with a switch inline so that he can turn the amp on and off as he sees fit.

You would get an LOC (Line Output Converter) which takes the signal output from the speaker wires coming off of the stock deck and changes them to RCA preamp outputs. From there you wire normal RCA interconnects from the LOC to the amp(s)
Some factory decks are now coming with remote accessory activation outputs though I do not know if your friend's happens to be one of them. If it isn't you'll want to wire a remote turn-on lead to a switched fuse on the fusebox (that turns on and off with the key) or run a lead to the battery with a switch inline so that he can turn the amp on and off as he sees fit.
so i would need to get an LOC, and i would have to run a remote wire to the fuse box, if he doesnt have the remote accessory activcation ouput?

what would i connect the remote wire to though, you cant connect it to the fuse

he wants to turn it on when he turns the car on and off

so i would need to get an LOC, and i would have to run a remote wire to the fuse box, if he doesnt have the remote accessory activcation ouput?
Correct
what would i connect the remote wire to though, you cant connect it to the fuse
Yes you can with a fusetap available at any local auto parts store, radio shack, etc
he wants to turn it on when he turns the car on and off
If the remote lead is attached to a fuse that only gets power when the ignition is keyed that is exactly what will happen. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

sloc.jpg

You splice into the stock speaker wires to the converter then run RCA cables to the amp from the converter.

sloc.jpg
You splice into the stock speaker wires to the converter then run RCA cables to the amp from the converter.
ooooo ok i see how that is,

so do i do that behind the stock deck

or

do i can jsut splice into one speaker in the door or do i have to do it for all 6 stock speakers he has?

You can splice it into your L & R Rear speakers if you want. Just remember that the fader controle on the HU will also effect the signal to the amp.

what if he doesnt use the fade control at all, and just use it to send the signal.. will it still work?

so would i do that for the speakers in the doors on tehd river and passenger?

or would i do that for all six speakers

Here's a better question - what is your friend wanting to add an amp to power? Just a pair of subs as mentioned in your original post?

If so the most convenient way to do this would be to splice into the speaker wires for the drivers in his rear deck. That would eliminate the necessity to access the back of the factory HU.

You only need to splice into ONE PAIR of speakers. A L&R. If you wanted to you could just disonect the back speakers totaly. You could use the door speakers if you wanted but I always look for the best accesability.

You only need to splice into ONE PAIR of speakers. A L&R. If you wanted to you could just disonect the back speakers totaly. You could use the door speakers if you wanted but I always look for the best accesability.
Hence my suggestion of splicing into the rear speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.