Still in the planning stages

sikcavy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Please give me your feedback on this as this is what i plan to do. will this be ok to still have a loud system even though im using up some area in the trunk?

100_3003.jpg

100_3004.jpg

100_3005.jpg

100_3007.jpg

100_3008.jpg

100_3009.jpg
100_3010.jpg

100_3011.jpg
100_3014.jpg

100_3015.jpg

I plan on having the sub fire backwards with the vent backwards.. this is a cavalier. The amp will be mounted in the floor so that i can slide the box forward to view the amp for shows and slide the box back for spl. Is this a good concept?

got some progress done today.. not as much as i wanted because i helped out a friend with car troubles.. I will get pics tomorrow.

Please give me your feedback on this as this is what i plan to do. will this be ok to still have a loud system even though im using up some area in the trunk?

I plan on having the sub fire backwards with the vent backwards.. this is a cavalier. The amp will be mounted in the floor so that i can slide the box forward to view the amp for shows and slide the box back for spl. Is this a good concept?
IMO, no. If I understand you correctly, most of the time the sub box will sit ontop of the amp? That won't allow cooling, but will beat the hell out of the amp.

I suggest you pic a permanent location for the sub and amp that will allow the amp to have proper cooling and not get beat by the sub box.

Also make sure you leave your self a way to access that battery location in the future.

the amp will have 2 80mm fans in the rack and the sub box will not be over it daily

it will be over it only at competition when im on the mic

sorry for the long delay but here are some pictures.. still need to put the amp in the floor and carpet everything. also need to do some plexi.

100_1653.jpg

100_3030.jpg

100_3031.jpg

100_3032.jpg

there is some progress.

the walls are meant to come out.. so they wont be glued to the bottom.. I will be carpeting them so that should stop the rattling.. if not, I'll line the bottom of the walls with rubber. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I ABSOLUTELY hate rattling so there most likely wont be any from this build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.