Stetsom V 5K2 E owners

hmm idk that *****. was it the 5k model you tried or 14k? cause ive herd that 7k is the highest u want to go but i have no clue

hmm idk that *****. was it the 5k model you tried or 14k? cause ive herd that 7k is the highest u want to go but i have no clue
It was the 14k. I dont know who told u the 7k is the highest you wanna go because that makes no sense.

Also another you might wanna know. Depending on what your voltage is like these amps go into protect for high voltage at 14.7-14.8 volts

well ill be getting a voltage regulator so i can adjust to where i want idk if i would even buy the amp if it is no good im trying to find some people who run the 5k and see what they say

i loved my 14k2d i regret selling it every day. They sound very good. My buddy switched from a dd z2lv to a 14k2d also and the stetsom sounded so much better.

Everyone says bad **** about them but i dont think half of the people have ran them before. They dont just blow up like everyone says. That all came from the line before the k2d when they were having problems with there amp. So dont let every ones BS that it will blow up when you hook it up scare you

I was just trying to let you know about my experience with k2e line.

So for me 14K2d= Best amp i have ever used.....14K2e= worst amp i have ever used.

theres my input you can go from there

I ran an old Stetsom 7K for a bit. Was a monster of an amp in a small footprint. My only gripe was no remote knob and the fans in the old ones were rather noisy.

I wouldn't even think of running 5KW amp off of only 2 batteries unless you have like 2 250A alternators, even then, sketchy.

i agree the evo models aren't as good as the d models.i've had both 2kd ,2k6d 2 of them strapped,7 kd.10 kd .and the newest 7k2e,the 7k2e wasn't no where near as loud as my 7kd,also wouldn't play over 14.4 volts which ****** ,but the main thing is keep it off the box or anywhere close to any vibrations coming from your subs or you'll have a burned up amp .i've got a new 2kd for sale now never seen power it would be a better amp than the 5ke

i agree the evo models aren't as good as the d models.i've had both 2kd ,2k6d 2 of them strapped,7 kd.10 kd .and the newest 7k2e,the 7k2e wasn't no where near as loud as my 7kd,also wouldn't play over 14.4 volts which ****** ,but the main thing is keep it off the box or anywhere close to any vibrations coming from your subs or you'll have a burned up amp .i've got a new 2kd for sale now never seen power it would be a better amp than the 5ke

Im glad to see im not the only other person out there that has ran k2e and seen how big of a piece of shitttttt it is compared to the k2d

i have ran both of aq2200d's with stock alt and the 2 dekas and no problems at all with voltage and i figure if i get the 250 amp alt and 2 more batts for the stetsom ill be kool. i hope the stetsom 5k2e is pretty good i cant seem to find any one that has run or is running it. i e-mailed db-r cause i have herd has worked on stetsom amps so ill have to see what he says. but if any one knows about the 5k2e let me know.

o and how do you think the aq amps will stand against the stetsom?

I ran an old Stetsom 7K for a bit. Was a monster of an amp in a small footprint. My only gripe was no remote knob and the fans in the old ones were rather noisy.
I wouldn't even think of running 5KW amp off of only 2 batteries unless you have like 2 250A alternators, even then, sketchy.
you do know that audiopipe makes a remote knob you put between your rca's right? maybe that will help you with that problem.

i ran mine with the inline bass knob not bad as for dbr talking about stetsom e models he will say they are big POS junk that what he had said about all brazil amps

you do know that audiopipe makes a remote knob you put between your rca's right? maybe that will help you with that problem.
I sold the amp 2 years ago LOL. Didn't really plan on keeping it anyway as I had a bunch of other amps. Just picked it up on here for a super price and wanted to play with it for a bit. Re-sold at a small profit after a few months of audition. Sort of regret it now and would buy another at the same price I picked that up for.

I use the Zed Ra pre-amp now which does remote gain and then some so not an issue anymore.

IDK what AQ 2200's are really putting out for power for you, but a real 5KW amp is capable of drawing 500+A easily. Your "250A" alternaotor isn't doing that, and a pair of batteries won't do that for long.

People trying to run huge *** amps off of 1 or 2 batteries is why we have guys coming on forums bitching about their amp burning out the power supply and catching on fire. If you're doing burps and have 8 or 10 runs of 1/0 gauge to the amp it may work (though lots of those types of applications burn up amps), but if you plan to drive around beating on it it's sketchy. I'm running 4K now and have 3 big Dekkas in the back and HO alternator... I'd feel more comfortable if I had room for 1 or 2 more.

well with the stetsom i will deff not be driving around beating on it that alot of power for my hdc3s and i always make sure my voltage stays up if i see it dipping i turn it down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.