Stereo...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aklaal

canada
Hey, I'm looking to build a half decent system for my car

I'm getting 2 12" Eclipse or 2 Rockford Fosgate 12" subs

I'm goin to get 2 6"-9" speakers for the back and two 5"-7" or 5 1/4" speakers for the front doors. Now, can I run two amps with this? One running the subs and one running the speakers, or could I just get one Amp for the subs and run the speakers off the deck? And the final question, what kind of Cd Deck should I get for this system?

Also, what kind of Amps should I look to getting with this system? This will be my first system... Cost is not a concern. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Any help would be good, thanks!

What kind of sound are you looking for ? Do you just want to bump around the street ? Do you intend on competing ?

now for your other questions. Yo could run two amps, or three, or just use the head unit to power everything but the subs. It really depends on how much power you intend on giving the subs. And what kind of enclosure. Reason being, that you want to ty and balance it out. Say your running 500w a sub in a ported enclosure. It's going to be loud as $hit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. So obviously you are going to need more power for your other speakers in order to balance everything out. I myself like Pioneer, Alpine, Clarion, Eclipse ( expensive) even sony makes some decent head units. Just check around the net. If you see something that interests you. post any questions you have and i'm sure some one will help you or give you there opinion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.