Stereo wiring (recommendations on connetors, tips)

Participant count
  • Participant list

nutshellml

I am wiring up my stereo system (4 infinity speakers, kicker amp, sub enclosure) and want to do it 'right' what type of connectors do you recommend for the power / ground (gold plated? etc) also what is the best way to wire the speakers to the head unit (twist and heat shrink? Tape? solder?)

I am using 4 gauge from the amp to the 12V+ and ground, those crimpers are really $$$ any alternatives recommended??

Any other general tips you recommend would be great!

Thanks!

You shouldn't need any connectors for your power and ground wires. Should go straight from your battery terminals (through a fuse) and into your amp's terminals.

As far as the other smaller stuff, twisting, soldering, and heatshrinking is the best way to ensure a good connection and prevent degrading over time. Some electrical tape has a tendency to unwrap over time.

You shouldn't need any connectors for your power and ground wires. Should go straight from your battery terminals (through a fuse) and into your amp's terminals.
Don't you need connectors on the amp side? I'm using a Kicker MX700.5 and from the looks of the pictures
07mx7005.jpg
i'll need conectors (gold plated) for the speakers, 12v+, and negative? correct??? also connector on the battery side of the 12v+ to put into the battery (after my inline fuse)

see:

ah yes for that amp I guess you would. Every amp I've owned has had set screw terminals, you just have to strip the wire back, stick it in, and tighten the screw.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.