Stereo Integrity Demo Car Build! *Pics*

Trimmed out

DSC00615.jpg

Bondoglass

DSC00617.jpg

3 layers of matting

DSC00616.jpg

After one of my signature fcukups...the matt slid down over night and one side of ther ring was 1/4" higher then the other side on the right ring...

Problem solved by adding another ring and glassing overtop of it...this REALLY slowed me down alot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

DSC00619.jpg

Bondoglass over top of new layer and sanding...and sanding...and sanding

DSC00621.jpg

(yes i know the back of the board is not straight, this is how the car is shaped...and how it had to be)

i know how some jackasses are about critical **** and pointing out random stuff.

You missed many many many hours of sanding inbetween the last pic and this one...i was so busy trying to get the hard fab stuff done to pick the car up that i didnt have time to take many pictures...

DSC00625.jpg

How it left the shop...nick has to build the beauty panels and shoot it with black paint...

Hopefully he'll have the finished pics soon!

DSC00626.jpg

nice stuff, but wouldn't it have been better to use either a fleece material or trunkliner instead of grill cloth? i noticed there wasn't really any real complex shapes to stretch the grill cloth around and there will be multiple layers of glass needed nowto build up the thickness of the grill cloth

There's many many many layers of other material under it

It kept its shape fine...and its alot easier to sand then fleece

fleece develops WAY too many bumps and i really didnt have time to sand that stuff

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.