stereo installation with backup camera

Participant count
  • Participant list

hardGainer

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm installing an ATOTO stereo that includes a backup camera and the wiring for the camera has me a little frazzled. In order to make the camera continuous rear view, I have to connect to to auxiliary power source on the harness. That appears to be the same wire as main power source. The main power source wire on the car connected harness already will need to be joined to the harness that connects to the receiver with a butt connector. Should I get a 3-way connector so I can connect both the receiver and the camera to the power? Thanks. I have no idea what I am talking about.

Last edited:
thanks but I already decided to use it as a back-up camera and install it later.
Sorry man.. Been on an emergency call @work.. I have a rearview camera that I wired up to use as a rearview/rear Mirror option as ive sealed up my rear windows that I have a 7inch screen. To power it up.. I ran it to my HU On/Off wiring and grounded on its own with the Video Cable to the 7inchscreen. When I turn on the HU, the power turns on for the screen, and I have full access to view the rear camera, without interrupting the HU function. Pretty simple wiring as the Camera has Power,ground and Video cable, screen has power and ground. Can be wired to Aux, or the HU supply @ the HU or the Fuse panel.A screen can be found failrly cheap off Amazon or even Ebay. Not sure what exactly you are really looking to do. Its 12v, so supply/on/off and and ground and Vid cable to AV1, or AV2 of whichever you choose. There really isnt much to it. same concept as Home Vid serv. Cameras 115v

thanks but I already decided to use it as a back-up camera and install it later.
Sorry man.. Been on an emergency call @work.. I have a rearview camera that I wired up to use as a rearview/rear Mirror option as ive sealed up my rear windows that I have a 7inch screen. To power it up.. I ran it to my HU On/Off wiring and grounded on its own with the Video Cable to the 7inchscreen. When I turn on the HU, the power turns on for the screen, and I have full access to view the rear camera, without interrupting the HU function. Pretty simple wiring as the Camera has Power,ground and Video cable, screen has power and ground. Can be wired to Aux, or the HU supply @ the HU or the Fuse panel.A screen can be found failrly cheap off Amazon or even Ebay. Not sure what exactly you are really looking to do. Its 12v, so supply/on/off and and ground and Vid cable to AV1, or AV2 of whichever you choose. There really isnt much to it. same concept as Home Vid serv. Cameras 115v

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...