Stereo for S2000

Participant count
  • Participant list

Java

OK, so the stock unit is the car is weak. I am looking to replace it with someting that will provide decent sound quality without breaking the bank. I am not looking for anything that will rattle the windows or scare small children. I just want decent sound while cruising down the road at highway speeds with the top down.

The door will handle 6.5 components. It is a single din deck. I don't want to fill up the trunk with a sub because I use my trunk all the time to carry stuff.

CustomSounds recommended...

Pioneer Premier 480MP ($150)

Focal A1 6.5 components ($270)

$250 or so for installation.

For adding on later, they suggested a 10" sub in trunk with a 4 ch. amp.

I have a friend with the same car and he put in a 6.5" sub under dash on passenger side. His system sounds pretty clean and is running an Alpine 9815 with some Kenwoods in the doors. I also thought about adding some speakers behind the seats, but I don't know how much of that sound would be blocked.

Any suggestions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.