Satellite Radio?

wvufootball
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Maryalnd
So i do alot of highway driving and I want to get sirius radio..I know nothing about satellite radio...and I went to Best Buy just to check it out and the salesmen just fed me a bunch of ********. Anyways, what are the different ways to hook it up to my car? I have a alpine 9853 that says "xm ready" on the front. I know i have to buy the receiver but what else do I need to do to install it?

XM FTW!!!!!--- XM = better selection + More diversity + lower price + free On-line access to ALL of their channels with your subscription. you have your music that you pay for with you when you are at home or traveling in the car. The xm unit that goes with your Alpine can be hidden away under a seat etc... safer, less components in the open for prying eyes.

I went with XM when I was driving long-haul... my bf went with Sirius.... and he seriously HATES IT!

XM > SIRIUS!!!!

**** I was under the impression that XM was terrible....But since I have a 9853 I can hide my receiver and control it through the head unit???

what happens is you'll get the xm kit. i have the universal kit wich comes with the tuner and the adapter to hook into an alpine headunit. it also works as a pass through so you can add an ipod. anyways all you do is plug the adapter into the tuner, and then the adapter into your deck, and hook up your antena, and you are good to go. you then control the xm right from your headunit, and you can conceal the tuner and adapter. this is a much better route then getting a plug n play kit

it comes with the kit. you don't buy it through either. it's made buy terk. after you install it you turn it on, call xm and give them the number on channel 1 and what not and they activate it for you.

Either will work with your radio.

They are the same ****. Seriously.

I've listened to both, for 5 days a week, for over 2 years.

Same ****. One has Stern, one has O&A. One has baseball and hockey, one has basketball and football.

xm has really gone to ****. now for some reason their music isn't commercial free anymore, the sports stations talk about football and parcells constantly, and i think the rap stations are edited now. i haven't listened to xm in about 3 months. only used it to listen to tigers games

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

wvufootball

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
wvufootball
Maryalnd
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date