Stereo Buzzing/whining noise

I have a 200 watt deck and I had 2 4" rocksford fosgates in my doors. Then when I put my kicker 6x9's behind my seat, my speakers started a buzzing noise. The tone corresponds directly to my rpm's. I d not know much about audio since im fairly new to it. I don't have any subs or amps or anything like that. If anyone knows anything that can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

200w stereo deck? Interesting. Definitely a ground issue. The sound you hear is emanating from the alt. Are you using the stock wiring harness for the rear? Go back and make sure you don't have any of your speaker wire shorting out somewhere.

I'm having the same issue, not sure where its coming from, thinking its my deck, tried new grounds/rcas/speaker wire. deck is about the only thing it could be for me.

It's a ground problem and it's not necessarily the ground on the head unit. Make sure all your power connections are clean and tight under the hood. That includes at the battery, the alternator, the engine the body and the frame if it's not a unibody vehicle. It could also be the alternator itself but chances are more likely that it's just a connection. You can also run a ground from the head unit directly to the chassis, as the factory grounds sometimes aren't the best.

Lastly, you don't have a 200 watt head unit. The output IC in the head unit may be capable of 200 watts but the power supply in the head unit is not capable of producing a high enough voltage for it to do so. Head unit's do ~16 watts rms.... regardless what the manufacturer claims.

my deck is hot wired straight off of my battery, and my ground is pretty solid(I think). What do you mean by the stock wiring harness from the rear? I don't thnk there are any stock rear speakers in my truck, but someone ran speaker wire under the carpet to the behind the seat where mine are hooked up.

my deck is hot wired straight off of my battery, and my ground is pretty solid(I think). What do you mean by the stock wiring harness from the rear? I don't thnk there are any stock rear speakers in my truck, but someone ran speaker wire under the carpet to the behind the seat where mine are hooked up.
What do you use for a source? I use my iPhone and found I get a ground loop (high pitch whine that sounds like a turbo, corresponds to RPM) whenever my phone is charging and it's hooked into the radio.

Ground the hu to the chassis. You need to follow those speaker wires running to the rear of the truck, especially if you didn't run them. Look for shorts or bare wire along the way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.