Step-by-step how to frost plexi

Looks great! Any pics of it lit up?

As for the chemical etching, I have some glass etching compound that worked great, on glass. Tried it on plexi and it didn't work.

Santo domingo
Ah, I've been there before. You should stop in Nicaragua some time, although I only lived there for about a week //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

can you use some type of chemical to get a similar effect?my dremel hand isnt so steady...s

Hydrofluoric acid will do the trick if you go that route but it is extremely dangerous and should be used with the utmost caution. There are easier ways such as using an etching cream from etchall, and you can always try scuffing with sandpaper, sandblasting (which was already mentioned), da sander or a dremel as he did… nice work btw!

etching cream

http://www.etchallstore.com/store/etching_creme.htm

Very nice work. That looks great. I use a lazer engraver to etch plexi. Nice even finish every time. It also cuts plexi for shapes and logo's for grilles or amp racks and such.

Very nice work. That looks great. I use a lazer engraver to etch plexi. Nice even finish every time. It also cuts plexi for shapes and logo's for grilles or amp racks and such.
thats the best way to do it if you have access, but i dont think most of us can hadle about 6000 to put your initials a birthday on a plexi. lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.