STATIC, like crazy, stops when I touch the reciever with my hand....

WOT

Banned
Just recently, I installed Sirius satelite in my car, came from my other car. Pretty simple install, power plug goes into a car 12V plug, and a wire goes to the antenna that you mount in a visible spot to the sky.

I have mine on my roof

Now the problem is, when I switch to the satelite radio (put the radio on the preset station 88.7) I get ALOT of static, like its as loud as the music.

But, if I hold the reciever for the satelite radio with my hand, or even just a finger, I can make the sound come out clear as regular radio quality....

Any idea where i should start

I dunnno if my car has great antenna signal, but I dont think that matters when its jsut trying to pick up the freq to a unit in the same car, the satelite reciever itself says it has 2-3 of 3 bars at all times

I dunnno if my car has great antenna signal, but I dont think that matters when its jsut trying to pick up the freq to a unit in the same car, the satelite reciever itself says it has 2-3 of 3 bars at all times
maybe the transmitting antenna is garbage and by you picking up the unit it is using you as an antenna.

I dont have an external antenna, its the kind that goes up when the car is turned on, and i didnt like it, so I made it stay down
lol...this is your problem...The hu is not getting the signal it needs.

There may be some other options than the power ant. maybe look for one to go in the back glass, or maybe you can get away with a small solid mount somewhere in the roof-line.

Forgot about this thread, I figured my CAR antenna didnt matter, as my satellite radio gets the signal from its antenna, and just plays in thru my cd player....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.