Static in new speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zesiar

I recently purchased 4 new 3-way speakers for my vehicle.

As well as a 4 channel 2400w amp and a equalizer. Equalizer

worked with my sub output to 5000w amp.

When I plug my speakers into the amp and turn it on, all is fine.

But when my 4 RCA go into my equalizer I get static as well as

very low sound like dubbed out. I did a RCA to aux (2 rca plugs)

to test and no static or dubbed, sounds good.

I am ruling out any wires being ran along the power cable as my RCA

are not and my speakers work when not hooked to equalizer.

My amp is grounded good. And the speakers should not be bottoming

out or the RCA to aux would do the same right?

So is my equalizer not grounded good? Or is it just the RCA jacks on it?

Specs/Links:

RCA cable-/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3KWKHE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01

Door speakers-/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000230LC2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

4 channel amp----Hooking 2 subs to this-/

Amazon.com: Planet Audio AC2400.4 ANARCHY 2400-watts Full Range Class A/B 4 Channel 2 Ohm Stable Amplifier: Car Electronics

Mono block for my subs-/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003GSLE1M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01

Equalizer-/

Soundxtreme Car Audio Passive Equalizer 7 Band 1 2 DIN Pre Amp EQ Sub Crossover | eBay

Subs going to 4-channel amp-/

Amazon.com : E-10D2 - Sundown Audio 10" Dual 2-Ohm E Series Subwoofer E10D2 : Vehicle Subwoofer Systems : Car Electronics

get your money back on everything but the sub. You bought a bunch of garbage.
Hate to say it but he's right

The issue could be from any one of them the amp, speakers, and eq are flea market grade. They were built to be thrown away. It's common to see DOA components in this grade of equipment.

Iv already opted out faulty speakers and amp when I hooked

a rca to aux to the amp.

What can I do to get the equalizer to not cause static?

I recently purchased 4 new 3-way speakers for my vehicle.As well as a 4 channel 2400w amp and a equalizer. Equalizer

worked with my sub output to 5000w amp.

When I plug my speakers into the amp and turn it on, all is fine.

But when my 4 RCA go into my equalizer I get static as well as

very low sound like dubbed out. I did a RCA to aux (2 rca plugs)

to test and no static or dubbed, sounds good.

I am ruling out any wires being ran along the power cable as my RCA

are not and my speakers work when not hooked to equalizer.

My amp is grounded good. And the speakers should not be bottoming

out or the RCA to aux would do the same right?

So is my equalizer not grounded good? Or is it just the RCA jacks on it?

Specs/Links:

RCA cable-/

Amazon.com: Carwires AC4000-12 4-Channel Twisted-Pair Car Audio Cable (12 feet): Car Electronics

Door speakers-/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000230LC2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

4 channel amp----Hooking 2 subs to this-/

Amazon.com: Planet Audio AC2400.4 ANARCHY 2400-watts Full Range Class A/B 4 Channel 2 Ohm Stable Amplifier: Car Electronics

Mono block for my subs-/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003GSLE1M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01

Equalizer-/

Soundxtreme Car Audio Passive Equalizer 7 Band 1 2 DIN Pre Amp EQ Sub Crossover | eBay

Subs going to 4-channel amp-/

Amazon.com : E-10D2 - Sundown Audio 10" Dual 2-Ohm E Series Subwoofer E10D2 : Vehicle Subwoofer Systems : Car Electronics
your equalizer isnt amplified so no noise should be in it...it just cleans up the sound from your head unit before it goes to your amp...the amplifier ...amplifies the headunits volume...if your deck never got noise before ...id go over the amps wiring...maybe a bad ground to the amp

your equalizer isnt amplified so no noise should be in it...it just cleans up the sound from your head unit before it goes to your amp...the amplifier ...amplifies the headunits volume...if your deck never got noise before ...id go over the amps wiring...maybe a bad ground to the amp
If I don't use the head unit or equalizer and just RCA to my phone it plays fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.