starting a box for my silverado 2 10" r's

Participant count
  • Participant list

thur5d4yf4n
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I got tired of my subs being all sealed up under my rear seats so i decided to pull my jump seat in the front row and replace it with a ported box. these subs performed so much better in a pre-fab ported box in my old suburban, so i'm bringing it back, this time in a custom ported box. came up with this design: let me know if it looks ok. if somebody can atleast double check it and give the OK i will start cutting tomorrow and will have pics up. subs are alpine 10" type r swr-1041d. these are the old style 300 watt rms subs, dual 4 ohm. thanks

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=14&Eh=16&Dia=4&Xmax=13.8&Vd=.16&NumW=2&Vb=&Fb=&Qts=.41&Vas=1.02&Fs=30&CE=0

Devin

that box will sound good with the right amount of power.

subs up port firing.....?

subs up with port firing towards rear is what i would try.

but from my exsperence with those subs in a x-tra cab they sound best behind the drivers seat with subs up port firing towards passenger.

My wonderful cuts using a jigsaw
IMG_0663rs.jpg

My work bench:
IMG_0667rs.jpg

Tomorrow I cut holes for subs, glue and screw, then let her rip. then i will pretty it up if it sounds good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.