Starter problems

Participant count
  • Participant list
When I try to start my car, I can hear the starter spinning, but it doesnt start the car, it usually takes about 3-5 times of cranking untill it acually will start. What causes this? How can I fix it?
could be bad solenoid, replace teh solenoid, or get starter rebuilt. And if it gets bad to where it wont start, you can tap it with a metallic object, and it will start when you turn teh key. But it will only last so long after doing that long, it's good for about 30 starts when you tap.

well, it would probably be easier to go to a junk yard and get a whole new starter. I picked up a starter for my altima that was used, for like $35. It still working after like 400 starts, works better than my old one.

The price depends on the car. If you want to buy a new starter it's like $150. Iam not sure if you can buy just the solenoid, but I would say it 's possible, and probably the most expensive part of the starter. Your best bet would be to go to a junkyard and get one pretty cheap.

Try banging the starter with a hammer. Just lite-ly tap it. It may be a stuck solenoid.
Thats what me and I think someone else suggested. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.