Started new job, wow @ UPS

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

Well now we know who to fuk up when our **** gets lost or damaged..
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Not if im sending it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif I have unlimited access to packing panuts and industrial strength bubble wrap!!!

Bubble_wrap.jpg

....ok maybe only regular strength bubble wrap

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/coolflash.gif.4f9740e1268764cfe452b9259e375e3b.gif

I work for a large frieght company that handles frieght for a majority of buisness clientel the shipping industry has alot of BS to it heh. I've seen messed up stuff coem from UPS , DHL , Fedex and USPS so it honestly doesnt matter which carrier you use it alot of luck on the draw sad to say .

10 dollars an hour to put boxes in a truck of any size isnt underpayed IMO. deffinately not slave pay.

I guess you wouldnt understand unless you lived the life, the ups life.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I guess you wouldnt understand unless you lived the life, the ups life.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
eh quit *****ing... there are many many worse jobs... try the Fry's life... minimum wage, longer hours, more crazy worthless bosses etc etc etc....

eh quit *****ing... there are many many worse jobs... try the Fry's life... minimum wage, longer hours, more crazy worthless bosses etc etc etc....
Ill take your longer hours and more crazy worthless bosses and add unsafe working conditions, exposure to all the elements, rude customers, blisters, sad frowns, more blisters, agressive dogs, and ugly brown uniforms.

Brown dont care about anything BUT the bottom line.

10 dollars an hour to put boxes in a truck of any size isnt underpayed IMO. deffinately not slave pay.
Heh

do it in a 130 degree trailer

you've got 2 hours to load 1800 packages...then after your done loading you've got to wash trucks....park all of them...and you only get 3.5 hours?!

And it really ***** when you've got a local business that makes bolts,nuts,washers and all types of fasteners

...shipping ~300 a day...all of which are heavy weights over 70lbs...

Until you've worked there, you can't say ****.

Edit: btw - dog's dont want no part of the diad board...i've cracked a many on the head

so today my manager came out to help me load the ups truck since the other guy who usually helps me was gone so today i was doing the throwing, ups guys says u gotta learn from the other guy and then my manager walks out and hes like no no u have to throw them at him and after i threw him 2 packages (which he caught) and hes walkin to the back, my manager chucks one at him lol it was pretty funny it just hit the ground and slid to the back didnt hit him, non the less funny ****, but i feel bad for whoevers package that was, oh and the manager is also the owner of the company

I work for DHL, and i package and ship the boxes and place them in big ass containers. And we take care of the packages pretty well. It's just sometimes how some of my coworkers, tend to throw packages when they see a box "FRAGILE". so one tip is... dont put Fragile all over the place. Most likely the guys that are packaging the boxes into the containers and trucks are teenagers, and think it is cool to throw it when it says FRAGILE. but that's only sometimes though, it just hurts me though because i send alot of packages throughout USPS, UPS, and FEDEX, and think how others treat my packages. I'll take pics one day of how the DHL warehouse looks and how we package ya'lls boxes. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

_Dante

That is why I put shipping insurance on every sub that i ship:naughty:

I hate hearing that:mad: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif :mad:

I worked for FedEx ground back when it was RPS. I'll tell you this. Unless DHL doesn't reward people for productivty, I'll bet they throw stuff too. RPS threw stuff, UPS throws stuff, EVERYONE throws stuff.

You don't even want to know what happens back at the hubs. I was loading a full trailer and some idiot decides he has a great idea. He'll send back some smoke detectors back in a box.... about 4 or 5. One of them comes down the ramp, I put it in the wall (you make walls of boxes like a fort, one after the other, like tetris but with a bunch of different shaped boxes). They start going off as I put a wall up. I pulled the box out, opened it up and started pounded on this stuff like the printer in Office Space.

Another time I slipped and I fell into the belly of a trailer... Luckily I had a bunch of boxes break my fall (like I was a stuntman).

You don't even want to see what a conveyor can do if it gets jammed up (a conveyor can move tons of boxes... when it jams up you should see what its like... mayhem on some of the weaker boxes...stuff torn apart like you wouldn't imagine).

Moral of the story? Bad **** happens everywhere. Pack it like your sister's cherry is in there and you'll be fine. Assume at least a three foot drop when you package it.

Juan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.