start of BL 18" build in expedition

is there any bracing inside that box?

if not i would add some. I see a double baffle but i would put a 1 1/2" dowel rod or something bracing the baffle to the bottom at least.

looks pretty good tho.

it was designed by chris at fisher customs. It has 3" wide braces on every wall, a 10" wide brace between the subs from top to bottom, 45's in all corners

05 ZX636, what happened to your Dodge truck project? It looked liked you were going great guns then your build thread died a quick death.
i have traded trucks and cars about 10 times in last 2 years. This recently I traded an 87 square bodied chevy truck for this 98 expedition. I had just spent about a grand on the interior of the 87, but the rest of the truck was rough. Guy wanted to make a drag truck out of it, we traded straight up even.

i thought i posted that a page back, I got in hurry and didnt want to stop to go get some paint and went ahead and put it in to hear it. I got paint this weekend, and its painted now and fixed the cuts on the carpet. I am in process of hiding some of my wires and making flush panel for amps. Will post updated pics this week and hopefully have time to make some videos.

new18box012.jpg
Is that the 3" bracing that I see in the pic in the corner inside the box??

yeah, its got 1 on every wall and a piece 10" wide from bottom to top between the sub holes also. Since those pics the box has 45s in the corners also. It does not flex at all.

Im pretty sure he would have wanted them a different way if you got it from Fisher it would be a 3" brace but facing out like a T then how you have it....................... I could be wrong

well, it is exactly like the box design pics I got from him. I got about 6 different pages with the design, and built it just like designed. anyway, its in there now, and sounds great and doesnt move so its staying. LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.