Stand by your product

Care to wager on what we would find if OP is willing to take it apart and post pics?
Relax dude, it's not that serious.

It's a safe bet that he didn't buy the amp new for MSRP and doesn't have any experience with any of this.
yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I just think it's more likely they screwed something up then two subs were both bad (AFTER A DAY). So both subs we're good when installed, both played, and THEN; they WENT bad on their own??? I don't buy it.

(I've been on different car stuff forums for 20 years. OP's overall attitude about it just comes across as young and thinking they know a lot. (which is obviously just a hunch based on a few paragraphs so who knows)). I don't think they will come back anyways.

Last edited:
Care to wager on what we would find if OP is willing to take it apart and post pics?

It's a safe bet that he didn't buy the amp new for MSRP and doesn't have any experience with any of this.
Is it coincidence that every thread you touch turns into a pissing match?

So both subs we're good when installed, both played, and THEN; they WENT bad on their own???
Well there's another theory at least. Not sure what's unlikely about my "OP is giving 1000W to a 600W sub" theory, but if we keep pulling threads here we can unravel this sweater before OP comes back to help us come up with a definitive answer.

Well there's another theory at least. Not sure what's unlikely about my "OP is giving 1000W to a 600W sub" theory, but if we keep pulling threads here we can unravel this sweater before OP comes back to help us come up with a definitive answer.
What's unlikely is:
1. JL Audio doesn't make 1 ohm amps. They aren't sending 1,000w @ 1 ohm. (this should be enough).
2. That's a pretty horrible assumption to think it's a 600w RMS sub when it's rated at twice that. Show something more than, "well the amps are overrated, so lets assume all their stuff is overrated" theory.

Nah I'm good. Even this post was a waste of time. I was trying to help the OP with their power issue, not you with yours.

Last edited:
My JL RD1500/1 is indeed 1 ohm stable..
I see the specs, yes it is. 1500w RMS @ 1ohm. So they do make em. That's the only amp on their current product page that is 1 ohm stable. Not series, that's the only individual amp. The rd1000 is not 1 ohm stable (rated). The only other ones not listed, that I can think of off the top of my head are the JX series, and those weren't 1 ohm. The slash 1000 is 1.5 ohm. Can't think of any other old school JL lines that might be. I still don't think OP is running a JL audio amp for 1000w @ 1ohm.

Don't think OP is going to come back anyways.

. I still don't think OP is running a JL audio amp for 1000w @ 1ohm
I am currently running an HD750/1 with a Sundown SA10 d2. It is wired to 1 Ohm, but used judiciouly. I figured if anything should go bad, the amp's protection will kick in. I just wanted to try the SA10 in a 0.75 cu.ft. sealed enclosure. Sounds pretty good but I had to lower the low pass to ~70 Hz, and the slope to 24 dB.

That's a pretty horrible assumption to think it's a 600w RMS sub when it's rated at twice that.
The Sundown SA 12 which also uses a 2.5" coil is only rated at 750W but I guess if you can't trust Power Acoustik ratings who can you trust?

I still don't think OP is running a JL audio amp for 1000w @ 1ohm.
He is very probably running a JL amp that will do 1000W into 2 ohm and a little bit more into 1.5. As has been mentioned, those slash amps can usually drive a 1 ohm sub without going into protect or breaking but I wouldn't recommend it.

Power accoustik Gothic subs don't sound bad for what they are...one of the guys into audio around here is running 4 of their 12's and they gets loud (just not all that low) he's got them on a cab22...I'd be leary putting more than 500w rms on one 😂

The Sundown SA 12 which also uses a 2.5" coil is only rated at 750W but I guess if you can't trust Power Acoustik ratings who can you trust?

He is very probably running a JL amp that will do 1000W into 2 ohm and a little bit more into 1.5. As has been mentioned, those slash amps can usually drive a 1 ohm sub without going into protect or breaking but I wouldn't recommend it.
Since when is sundown the standard?
What about this scenario makes you think the OP is running a JL amp below what it's rated?

Holy **** you're being a child and a b****. Seriously, you're like a teenage girl on her period. All your comment is, is just two baseless assumptions you make, just to keep being a condescending jackass.

Last edited:
Here’s something I think is pertinent.
4C9FAA98-5150-408C-8C47-2E4C12B852B4.png

I think the essential message is having equipment match and if it doesn’t meet your expectations don’t keep turning it up til it blows. Conservative play makes them last. If you buy a new civic and drive it like a Ferrari it’s not going to last. If you drive it conservatively and do maintenance it’ll go 300k.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...