stage 2 for wrx, is it worth it

Participant count
  • Participant list
first off I doubt you will be hitting those numbers for a while, and second while it sounds like a great deal, you gotta consider insurance and if you are willing to put so much pressure on the engine, sure if you treat her right itll be fine, after all it was designed with turbo in mind, but are you really that diligent in treating your car, if it was me, Id take it step by step, get used to the car and then massage the power into her, thats when you can really use your car to ur fullest, other wise your just some punk kid with a nice ride and no idea on how to take full advantege of your car

that sounds very logical, i wont be getting any mods prolly for 6 months or so so u sound right, i should get used to driving it first. So I should go stage 1 first before stage 2 u think. that would save me a bunch of money and u were saying it wouldnt hurt my car as bad if i went right to stage 2. i am gonna try to baby it too not drive the crap out of it.

thanks,

grant

ive always thought upgrading piece by piece is the best way to go, and seems to end up cheaper anyways. I dont know about the wrx's turbo setup but id say go for the exhaust first, then maybe a MBC and ask around how many pounds people run through those motors on stock internals and stock fuel system

stage 1 first sounds great! its using your head and gaining skill that makes you respectable and a good driver, not having a "fast car", exhaust and and intercooler would definatley help, thatll make the turbo more efficient, as well, when you increase the pressure (like stage 2) get a nice high end blow off valve to maximize the turbo efficiency and keep everything running clean, as well it'll give you more power (you can always do with a little more lol), you sound like your getting things right, who cares what you know now, whats really worth investing in is exprience, im only 16, but I gather knowledge from others and exprience on my own, when you combine things and work them right, thats when things go great, so yeah, take that stage one when you get the funds, invest a little into your car and go have fun, when you feel your ready for stage 2, check it out, and go for it, its your car, you can go blow the crap outta it and learn from your mistakes, or give her some at a time and learn how to use it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.