Stactic Sound.

laytex

I just installed my own car audio system in a 5.0 mustang. But one day when I started the car, I noticed at low volume levels I can hear a static sound coming from all speakers at idle and it seems to match the rev of my engine in pitch. Of course when the engine is off I hear just the audio. Wondering what this could possibly be?

-Jeff

I did some research on the sound. But after checking all my wiring and moving the ground cables to a better location. I still hear the whine when the car is on. Is it possible it may be effected by the wiring of the head unit? All ground wires from the amps and head unit are routed to the trunk and are all located in the same spot.

Any additional suggestions.

probably 4V pre-amp outputs on your HU? get a line driver with a very short wire run from HU to this, and depending on how strong a signal the line driver creates, get a line receiver with a very short wire from that to your amp.. 14V or higher shouldn't pick up any interference like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.